Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel Plans for this Year?

Yppej:

Don't worry. I don't plan to travel on your dime again until 2019! But thanks in advance!

Yppej
    My summer vacation will be at relatives. Don't worry they invited us, we didn't invite ourselves. In fact they have been inviting us for years.

In 2019 though, I am thinking of taking an 11 day cruise -- goes to Mexico, Jamaica, Belize, Honduras, Colombia, and a couple other island nations.

We were supposed to leave on our 6 week trip today but both of us are sick. Leaving Friday now and had to change a few reservations so now just sleeping instead of sightseeing at our first 2 stops. We have to leave then because in one place people are flying in to see us.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    In 2019 though, I am thinking of taking an 11 day cruise -- goes to Mexico, Jamaica, Belize, Honduras, Colombia, and a couple other island nations.
    The topic is travel plans for this year, not next year.

Next year is fine too. We already have a cruise booked for February leaving from New Orleans. Got such a great deal that we booked it last September.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Next year is fine too. We already have a cruise booked for February leaving from New Orleans. Got such a great deal that we booked it last September.
    Do tell...

It is a Caribbean cruise.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It is a Caribbean cruise.
    When my son was planning his wedding last year, I got a call. “Dad, my fiancé wants to get married on a Caribbean Cruise.” He knew, I had a bad experience on the one and only cruise I ever went on. I sucked it up. We went out of Galveston, the cruise line planned every detail of the wedding. We had a beach wedding with a Mexican buffet, a Mexican official conducted the vows along with my brother in law who actually conducted my marriage ceremony 34 years earlier. The cruise line provided the photographer and transportation as well. There was little stress involved.....not like the traditional wedding days I’ve experienced. This I would highly recommend!

This year, we are going to bum around the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. I’m looking forward to it. And it is going to be a reasonable frugal travel itinerary.

And later in hot August, it will be a real challenge for me to spend five days in New York City. Broadway play/musical .... Billy Joel Concert at Madison Square Garden and a trip to Flushing Meadows to see the Mets/Giants play.

That sounds like a great wedding! New York will be fun too.

Thread Information