Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's starting......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

It's starting......

Iran apparently just attacked a base in Iraq housing US soldiers. It's starting.....this salvo on the part of Iran with Trump at the helm seems to be sealing the fate of a war. How intense and sweeping and catostrophic it will be I don't know - but it's starting.

Hang tight. Stock up on food. Pack bags to run just in case. Anything small and valuable keep locked up and near you should you need to run in a hurry. Pets indoors more. Running money hidden but quickly accesssable. These are tips Austrians pass around when everything seems uncertain and unstable.

I wish I could fly with my relatives to Vienna and pray at Stephansdom for all if us. As it is I will attend morning Mass tomorrow as I'm off and pray for all of us here in Phoenix. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    These are tips Austrians pass around when everything seems uncertain and unstable.
    Really?

Yppej
    Gas jumped 14 cents a gallon where I am and that was before news of the missiles fired at the US air base.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Really?
    Si, Senor. Really. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Gas jumped 14 cents a gallon where I am and that was before news of the missiles fired at the US air base.
    I wonder if gas will go to USD $4 a gallon or more now if Iran seals that straight oil tankers go through.....that straight that starts with an H that they control. Rob

Si, Senor. Really. Rob
    Where do Austrians typically run to in a hurry when under threat of terror or war?

Have they had a lot of experience recently with asymmetric warfare within their borders? I remember the '85 attacks, and a couple of others.

Where, Rob, are *you* planning on running to in a hurry, when your zip code is attacked? What form of attack are you expecting?

I wonder if gas will go to USD $4 a gallon or more now
    It's been that price where I live for ages now. Doesn't seem to slow us down.

I think it only dropped below $4/gallon in California a bit before Thanksgiving this year.

I wonder if gas will go to USD $4 a gallon or more now if Iran seals that straight oil tankers go through.....that straight that starts with an H that they control. Rob
    What happened last time they tried that? It was in 1988. If I recall, we sank most of their navy in an afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What happened last time they tried that? It was in 1988. If I recall, we sank most of their navy in an afternoon.
    Yes, half their navy at least. It really changed their attitude.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, half their navy at least. It really changed their attitude.
    Well, I Amazon-Primed another couple cases of toilet paper. The real measure of a good prepper is how much toilet paper they have on-hand. Better to barter with than gold.

Thread Information