Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got flu shot.........

Got flu shot.........

I got one yesterday morning. I was really expecting some side-effects, since my system is so sensitive to everything. But........nothing at all yet. Not even a sore arm.

Maybe I'm jinxing it. 2 weeks ago I got the pneumococcal vaccine, and it was pretty painful for about a week. But I think the shot-giver wasn't very good. Then again, maybe it's just the
    type of vaccine carrier.

I was really hesitant to get the flu shot, since 20+ years ago, a flu shot began a descent into hell for a long time. Who knows. I'm trying to stay positive with this one.

I thought the "senior flu shot" was new and chose the "regular" shot, since many times new vaccines need a few years to work out the problems.......but the shot-giver told me it's been around a long time. Hmmm....

I think the best thing to do is to get sunshine, excercise and eat healthy. We'll see.......

I got my flu shot too this week. I'm concerned about avoiding the flu, of course, but as a babysitter for a 20 month old, I don't want to catch anything and give it to her. (of course, it's more likely the reverse, so we both have to be protected as best we can...)

I got mine too. No soreness at all.
    I sure hope they targeted the right strain this year!

I am required to get the flu shot in order to go to work. By the leading-edge medical department in the country. I have not had any issues.

Got mine a few weeks ago. No issues.

Like Bae, required by my healthcare organization. We received a Quadvalent this year. Hoping they got the correct 4. It's a crapshoot every year....I mean an educated guess

It's funny, I had absolutely no reaction to the flu shot this year. Then DH got his, and had no reaction. I asked my doc about this, since usually there is some type of reaction. He said that they aren't using a preservative anymore, so that may be the reason. I don't know how long they haven't been using preservative though. Neither of us had gotten the shot for about 20+ years. I chose to have the "regular" shot, as opposed to the "senior" shot (which supposedly covers more strains). I thought that was new so I avoided it. But I guess it's been around a long time. I've been out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    It's funny, I had absolutely no reaction to the flu shot this year. Then DH got his, and had no reaction. I asked my doc about this, since usually there is some type of reaction. He said that they aren't using a preservative anymore, so that may be the reason. I don't know how long they haven't been using preservative though. Neither of us had gotten the shot for about 20+ years. I chose to have the "regular" shot, as opposed to the "senior" shot (which supposedly covers more strains). I thought that was new so I avoided it. But I guess it's been around a long time. I've been out of the loop.
    He probably just didn't have the heart to tell you that -- other than a little soreness at the point of injection -- your "reactions" were figments of your imagination.

Dunno. I avoided the flu shot for many years because it always seemed I came down with something right after I got it. It wasn't flu but it was a general achiness and malaise; maybe a fever though it didn't bother me enough to take my temperature. It could have been the injection; it could have been being exposed to all the germs in a doctor's office; it could have been an incredible coincidence. Whatever.

I did get my flu shot (the "normal" one) yesterday as part of my physical. I'm around too many people who would be quite debilitated by flu. I'm a little sore at the injection site and felt a little dizzy for a few minutes later in the day. But, otherwise, I feel better after the shot than I usually have.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    He probably just didn't have the heart to tell you that -- other than a little soreness at the point of injection -- your "reactions" were figments of your imagination.
    I don't think so.

Thread Information