Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Trump behave himself at the G20 summit?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    im a straight white male. I'm used to being attacked. No big deal.
    Ouch. DMC, I've read your reaction here and I've read what apparently IL posted before.....and all I am going to say is....please...let us all play at least neutral in the sandbox. If I can swallow my resentment of America for having me live in fear 24/7/365 of the United States due to the economic terrorism that was American health care before ObamaCare made things saner for me and the millions of easily expendable folks like me holding US citizenship....is it a far stretch for me to call for civility? You don't have to agree with or see things my way or any other poster's way - just neutral to other poster's takes. One kind way I can put this is that you don't know what someone else's struggles are, no? Just want to keep things somewhat civil here, this is the extent of my agenda. Thank You in advance for understanding. Rob of the 85006

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Good gracious! That sure sounds like a fun community to live in. Civic-minded, celebrating diversity, and full of community spirit...
    Bae, exactly! How would you like to come on down and join our next protest? I'll be glad to let you know the cause, the date, and the time, and closer to the actual protest, if food and beverage are to be provided by a Valley charity or if you are on your own for food and beverage....Rob of the 85006

And yet your still here. And how many from the 85006 came from somewhere else? And when you say funded by the collective, don't you really mean someone else.

i do enjoy reading your post though, very interesting.
    No snark here at all....seriously. I'm glad you found my post here interesting. This actually gives me some small amount of hope for the human race....Thank You for that. Rob of the 85006

There you go Bae. You can start looking for your outfit now. Food And beverage included, maybe you could even get in a little looting.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc;27\2864
    There you go Bae. You can start looking for your outfit now. Food And beverage included, maybe you could even get in a little looting.
    Now, DMC.....was there any reason for this? Why the assumption that I agree with protestors looting? Seriously. This is uncalled for. I invite you to go back into my posting history where during the elections last year I stated more than once I was against looting. I really don't appreciate the assumption that I am OK with looting based on the beliefs I hold.....You get to believe as you wish and I understand that I have to accept this in my role as moderator....flip the script a bit and here's the deal....you get to hold your beliefs, too, even if I have disagreed with such beliefs since the age of 8 during the summer of 1975.

Whatever. It is however totally inappropriate to mention looting....I don't wish to ban you but I will bring this up behind the scenes with other moderators as this is truly too disrespectful to the struggles of the lower social classes. Nothing personal.....but this crosses the line and for once I am calling human rights/human dignity. How could I live with myself if I didn't? And finally, about my outfit....it is on hold for the joyous day of a Trump impeachment....what is so hard to understand about that? I will not be wearing my Westside Thrift Shop Outfit until the joyous day of Trump's impeachment. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Bae, exactly! How would you like to come on down and join our next protest?
    No thanks. I don't feel like being shunned, or socially isolated, for my views if they happen to be different from those of The Speaker For The 85006. I wouldn't feel it to be a safe space.

I don't wish to ban you but I will bring this up behind the scenes with other moderators as this is truly too disrespectful to the struggles of the lower social classes. Nothing personal.....but this crosses the line and for once I am calling human rights/human dignity. How could I live with myself if I didn't? Rob of the 85006
    Seriously???

You need to step down as a moderator then Rob. Or the owner of the board needs to remove you.

Now, DMC.....was there any reason for this? Why the assumption that I agree with protestors looting? Seriously. This is uncalled for. I invite you to go back into my posting history where during the elections last year I stated more than once I was against looting. I really don't appreciate the assumption that I am OK with looting based on the beliefs I hold.....You get to believe as you wish and I understand that I have to accept this in my role as moderator....flip the script a bit and here's the deal....you get to hold your beliefs, too, even if I have disagreed with such beliefs since the age of 8 during the summer of 1975. Whatever. It is however totally inappropriate to mention looting....I don't wish to ban you but I will bring this up behind the scenes with other moderators as this is truly too disrespectful to the struggles of the lower social classes. Nothing personal.....but this crosses the line and for once I am calling human rights/human dignity. How could I live with myself if I didn't? Rob of the 85006
    i didn't say you were ok with looting. But many of the protest from the lower classes include looting and burning these days. Do you not watch the news?

As far as banning, I really don't care. If it will make you feel better, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Seriously???

You need to step down as a moderator then Rob. Or the owner of the board needs to remove you.
    So it is acceptable then to assume I am looting as a feature of protesting? This assumption does not equate with harrassment? I will admit I don't live in your area of Washington State but here in the 85006, such an assumption equates with harrassment. I expect an apology not from you but from DMC. DMC truly crossed the line big time here and on this one I am going to call him on it....not for me so much as I realize that DMC and I will never be drinking shots of Presidente while hearing of Trump's insults to Mexico and it's people from other residents of the 85006....I bring this up only because it is so disrespectful to so many law compliant protestors I am privileged to know in the 85006. Their bravery and willingness to protest the numerous evils in the current American landscape deserves at a rock bottom minumum neutrality. This one is non-negotiable in my book after having lived in fear of the United States for years. Rob of the 85006
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 7-8-17 at 7:52pm.

i didn't say you were ok with looting. But many of the protest from the lower classes include looting and burning these days. Do you not watch the news?

As far as banning, I really don't care. If it will make you feel better, go ahead.
    It is not for me to ban you, nor do I wish to hold such power. All I ask for
    is for basic respect for the social classes beneath you. Are you capable of such? Truly based on my experience with you to date I rather doubt it. You really did cross the line when assuming that I was part of looting just for joining protests with other residents of the 85006.....This was completely unacceptable. Non-negotiable here is this stance. Rob

Thread Information