Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

Seriously, 45 has the intelligence of maybe a 12 year old-and not a very bright one

He wants the new Ford class aircraft carriers to go back to using steam plane launchers because the digital ones are just "too complicated". I guess like healthcare or something...

http://time.com/4775040/donald-trump...ing-president/

"It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–"Sir, we’re staying with digital." I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good."

Our Steampunk Commander in Chief...
    "What is digital?" Is he kidding?

My kid could program a computer when she was 12 years old, spoke 4 languages, and could navigate a vessel in complex circumstances. So please, don't insult 12 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    My kid could program a computer when she was 12 years old, spoke 4 languages, and could navigate a vessel in complex circumstances. So please, don't insult 12 year olds.
    My apologies. I didn't mean to imply that 12 year olds are stupid. Although I couldn't speak multiple languages or navigate a vessel in complex circumstances I DID know how to program a computer when I was 12. My elementary school's TRS 80 was awesome! So apparently I got the whole "digital" thing better than 45, even at that age. So, yeah, I get it. Plenty of 12 year olds are smart. Many of them way smarter than I was at that age. Almost all of them way smarter than 45 is currently. Maybe a better thread title would be "45 has the intelligence of a really dim 12 year old".

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe a better thread title would be "45 has the intelligence of a really dim 12 year old".
    If we are going to be ageist in our comparisons, I think his behaviour and use of language are more on the level of a 90 year old with mentation issues, whether due to poor sleep, low testosterone, substance abuse issues, low blood sugar, dehydration, or some other underlying medical issue.

I see grumpy little old men and women every week on medical calls who present just like Trump.

I know that my ex's grandfather was suspected of having many mini-strokes which led to grumpy and disorganized behavior. However I kinda don't want to lump 45 in with ANY group, makes that group look really bad. He is his own special snowflake of acid rain!

I heard audio once of Trump doing his normal rambling - but slowed down like 25%. His wording and inflection sounded exactly like you'd expect some old townie drunk in a bar at 1AM to sound like. It was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    I heard audio once of Trump doing his normal rambling - but slowed down like 25%. His wording and inflection sounded exactly like you'd expect some old townie drunk in a bar at 1AM to sound like. It was hilarious.
    Hey, if there is a way to make me laugh when HE speaks rather than cringe.............I'll take it!

I understood the new systems to be better thought of as electromagnetic than digital. They're supposed to be easier on airframes than the old steam piston systems.

He's a sick man........(mentally). How the heck did we get to this place?
    Do any of you remember an older comic whose forte' was talking fast, but saying absolutely nothing.........at the same time just hooking you into his conversation enough to make you think that YOU were the one that was having trouble........All-the-while, he was making absolutely no sense? Just like Trump.

Thread Information