Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to take some time off

So today was MUCH better, I just sucked it up and admitted I had been making mistakes. Then I had a plan for how to improve that we talked about and my sup agreed with. Then I got a nice long time to do admin work without being interrupted too much. I am actually caught up, and feel like I have the plan in place to keep it up. I have noticed over this years this come in cycles and I feel like I am going into a better cycle of being able to manage. I did bring work home, I think that is just going to be part of it.

I think it is menopausal brain fog, added to my natural tendency to get into la-la land of artistic mode. I am not thinking about SSDI, I know what Teacher Terry is talking about. I am going to focus on my savings plan and my side hobby/business that I am being more financially focused on (I had a new hat idea that I have not seen anywhere before).

Zoe, I am glad things went better and you have a difficult illness that many don’t understand. I am glad you are proactive in managing it.

OMG insight, with this significant mistake. I wonder if I am remembering my medical leave and I just want to go back to that. There is a dreamy quality of not having to do anything but survive (yes it was super hard too!). Meanwhile I got an appointment with a counselor through the EAP program.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    OMG insight, with this significant mistake. I wonder if I am remembering my medical leave and I just want to go back to that. There is a dreamy quality of not having to do anything but survive (yes it was super hard too!). Meanwhile I got an appointment with a counselor through the EAP program.
    Well, I again suggest you try to get on permanent disability for your mental illnesses.

UL, I suggest you read what I wrote. Do you have the money to quit working and gamble that you may get SSDI and support yourself for 2 years??? You don’t qualify if working.

Yppej
    ZG can you save enough during the school year to not have to work summers?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Do you have the money to quit working and gamble that you may get SSDI and support yourself for 2 years??? You don’t qualify if working.
    I don't believe you.

UL, I suggest you read what I wrote. Do you have the money to quit working and gamble that you may get SSDI and support yourself for 2 years??? You don’t qualify if working.
    If I prove you wrong, will I then nullify your credentials as a social worker?

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/disability/qualify.html

https://www.ssa.gov/disability/Docum...ctsheet-AD.pdf

Dang! Proved you wrong.

UL, I am telling you as part of my job utilizing my second master’s degree I would write reports if I thought someone couldn’t work at all and they were used in court. In addition 2 of my friends are Vocational experts that testify by phone at hearings all over the country and I have been asked if I would like to do this work. I am telling you how this really works. But what do I know after quitting SW I only worked in this field for the past 26 years.

Thread Information