Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Election Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But when there's a plausibly deniable dog whistle in just about every damn thing the president does, it begs credibility when people try to push them off as just accidental.
    Did someone imply the red triangle was an accident or did someone imply that given several options, how can anyone know which one is correct?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I don’t understand why people feel the need to search out obscure signs and portents when going after Trump. Or dig through the this-day-in-history sites to gin up extra outrage over him appearing at some place or date hallowed by the blood of martyrs. All you really need to attack the guy are his own words. You don’t need an elaborate demonology from the Woke clerisy.

Trump is a backlash politician who especially thrives on the sillier sounding attacks. Coming up with dog whistle conspiracy stuff probably helps more than hurts him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Did someone imply the red triangle was an accident or did someone imply that given several options, how can anyone know which one is correct?
    I already previously answered as to why the other possible meanings you presented were unlikely. Did you have some more random potential meanings to toss out there?

It’s all laid out in “The Da Vinci Code”, for those with the courage to face the truth.

I already previously answered as to why the other possible meanings you presented were unlikely. Did you have some more random potential meanings to toss out there?
    OK, so lets go with your belief that the red triangle was used in the ad as a representation of political prisoners. Tell me please what audience was it serving and also what group was it meant to harm?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It was meant to do the same thing as his comments about good bloodlined Henry ford. To let his American nazi supporters know that he is still on their side.

And frankly it harms all of us to have a racist shitstain for a president, but some people don't seem to care and prefer to deny what is so obviously in front of all of our eyes.

And frankly it harms all of us to have a racist shitstain for a president, but some people don't seem to care and prefer to deny what is so obviously in front of all of our eyes.
    I'm trying to understand how many leaps of faith I'd have to make to be as certain as you. Being open minded and curious is exhausting!

I'm trying to understand how many leaps of faith I'd have to make to be as certain as you. Being open minded and curious is exhausting!
    And some people also use it as an excuse to come to no conclusions and/or do nothing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thanks for providing an example of what I'm talking about. But please keep using contortions to come up with thoroughly implausible explanations for everything trump does. I guess that's the new definition of open minded and curious.

Thanks for providing an example of what I'm talking about. But please keep using contortions to come up with thoroughly implausible explanations for everything trump does. I guess that's the new definition of open minded and curious.
    I haven't provided any explanations, I was curious about what the red triangle stood for and found several examples, one of which possibly lines up with the campaign's explanation. You can reject that if you wish but you shouldn't mis-represent my actions, that's dishonest.

Thread Information