Thread: Bike Racks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Op, thats is indeed funny-not funny as you point out, all of the talk about "get healthy" and no bike racks!
    Do you have a local scout troop ....fabricating and installing several bike racks in your community as well as interacting with the hospital administration to negotiate a plan seems like an excellent Eagle Scout project.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Do you have a local scout troop ....fabricating and installing several bike racks in your community as well as interacting with the hospital administration to negotiate a plan seems like an excellent Eagle Scout project.
    That sounds like a great scout project!

Bike racks around here are sort of hit and miss. The ones around the health food type stores like sprouts and whole foods get used a lot. I've noticed a few others around regular shopping areas have been removed over the last few years. I see a lot of recreational riders out on the local trails, but unfortunately there are not a whole lot of commuters out of the bunch. There are places I've been where a bike rack would be welcome, but I might be one of the few people to use it. There is probably some vague sort of cost/benefit for some businesses where it just doesn't justify one. Even around health care facilities.

Thread Information