Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White men

Yppej
    Teacher Terry described vulnerable as children, the elderly and homeless, but now I see why UL thinks he is vulnerable. Someone picked on him at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Teacher Terry described vulnerable as children, the elderly and homeless, but now I see why UL thinks he is vulnerable. Someone picked on him at the airport.
    Actually, I have a chronic illness.

Was he taller than you? Younger? more muscular? More attractive? Men can find so many reasons to believe a woman should be with them instead if another man.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Was he taller than you? Younger? more muscular? More attractive? Men can find so many reasons to believe a woman should be with them instead if another man.....
    He was sitting at the booth, so I don't know.
    Around my age.
    Not more muscular.
    More attractive? I don't know. I am not the best judge of men's attractiveness.

But do you think that it is possible it was racially motivated?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, some things are, just not everything.
    In St. Louis everything is about race even when it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    In St. Louis everything is about race even when it is not.
    That's why I've given up on a post racial society, there's too much power in grievance, white guilt and privilege.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Sure it’s possible.

i’m not The best judge of social relations though, so even if I had been there, I probably wouldn’t be the one to ask.

i apparently had a “ social interaction” with a woman in a store in which she assessed me, judged me, and regarded me with contempt. Dh was very amused telling me about it later (he was there) and really busted up when I honestly asked “what woman?” She never made it out of my short term memory. I’m not sure she made it into my short term memory. We’d only been out if the store about 5 minutes when he started laughing. I probably wouldn’t even notice if someone hit on him in my presence.

Sure it’s possible.

i’m not The best judge of social relations though, so even if I had been there, I probably wouldn’t be the one to ask.

i apparently had a “ social interaction” with a woman in a store in which she assessed me, judged me, and regarded me with contempt. Dh was very amused telling me about it later (he was there) and really busted up when I honestly asked “what woman?” She never made it out of my short term memory. I’m not sure she made it into my short term memory. We’d only been out if the store about 5 minutes when he started laughing. I probably wouldn’t even notice if someone hit on him in my presence.
    You are funny CL I would enjoy being around you, someone who doesn't take offense when offense is intended.
    So, what DID occupy your mind when you were in the store, being judged?

Chocolate.

Chocolate.
    There’s not much that should have a higher priority than that.

Thread Information