Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical Insurance 2019

My little silver plan just went up to $980 a month. Never thought I would look forward to turning 65.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm just thrilled that in 2019 both DH and I will be on Medicare (I've been on it for a year and a half). We'll be going from a healthcare insurance price tag annually of $19,200 to $3000.
    That is a HUGE reduction!

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    My little silver plan just went up to $980 a month. Never thought I would look forward to turning 65.
    Is this $980 just for you? Are you not getting subsidies?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm just thrilled that in 2019 both DH and I will be on Medicare (I've been on it for a year and a half). We'll be going from a healthcare insurance price tag annually of $19,200 to $3000.
    Your total OOP for both of you is $3000? That's lower than the 2019 premium for Part A/B. Then part D is on top of that. Do share how you got it under $3000.

IL, yes that is just for me and no subsidies.

IL, yes that is just for me and no subsidies.
    Somehow I thought you re retired. That seems super high for an ACA plan. Perhaps your retirement income is super healthy.

Not an ACA plan, it is Providence. I am retired and I wouldn't say the income is too healthy (for me) but it is too healthy for that. I'm thankful that we retired with no debt because insurance eats a chunk. I'll just call it an even 1K with dental and vision.

Not an ACA plan, it is Providence. I am retired and I wouldn't say the income is too healthy (for me) but it is too healthy for that. I'm thankful that we retired with no debt because insurance eats a chunk. I'll just call it an even 1K with dental and vision.
    oh, ok! I didnt realize the nomenclature of silver, bronze, etc went outside of ACA plans.

I have Aetna, it cost $1500 per month for the two of us. About the same as last year. We have been paying for our own for the last 10 years or so. I don’t remember what it cost 10 years ago, but it’s been slowly creeping up. We were able to stay on my wife’s work insurance so we get their group rate.

instead of increased rates we have seen a rise in deductibles. I’ll have to look and see what we were paying 5-10 years ago.

Thread Information