Page 109 of 244 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2432

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There are a few accomplishments that bring sense satisfaction then having income tax preparation completed for the year. Good for you that is major! And I can’t imagine doing more than one household but you must be good at it to do that for others.
    Well, I do what I can to help.

Interesting side story - our printer has not been working correctly and I didn't trust it to be printing out the necessary documents. Decided to go get a new one. Local Walmart had 1 (ONE!) printer on the shelf for $99.99. Went to Target - two printers on the shelf for $79.99 and two others for $149.!!! I never would have guessed there has been a run on printers lately! Explanation by sales person was the increase in virtual schooling and work-at-home. Ended up getting one of the $79.99 ones. So apparently there are only 4 printers left in my immediate area for purchase as of today!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It is hard to imagine the impact of the slowing of manufactured stuff coming via the Suez Canal. Hard to imagine the insurance bill at the end. A smaller freighter would not be as vulnerable, ship less but arrive on time.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    It is hard to imagine the impact of the slowing of manufactured stuff coming via the Suez Canal. Hard to imagine the insurance bill at the end. A smaller freighter would not be as vulnerable, ship less but arrive on time.
    Stuff from Asia to the US will most go to the West Coast. No Suez.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Well, I do what I can to help.

Interesting side story - our printer has not been working correctly and I didn't trust it to be printing out the necessary documents. Decided to go get a new one. Local Walmart had 1 (ONE!) printer on the shelf for $99.99. Went to Target - two printers on the shelf for $79.99 and two others for $149.!!! I never would have guessed there has been a run on printers lately! Explanation by sales person was the increase in virtual schooling and work-at-home. Ended up getting one of the $79.99 ones. So apparently there are only 4 printers left in my immediate area for purchase as of today!!!
    When I went to Target for a printer in the summer, there was ONE on the shelf. Took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    When I went to Target for a printer in the summer, there was ONE on the shelf. Took it.
    I have to say that I was shock and then surprised and ashamed at myself for being shocked. I have assumed for so long that I could always go out and immediately get something/anything I wanted or needed. I have a feeling this is a sign of the start of things to come.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My iris beds in Hermann are clean and weeded, this is good! First time in 3 years.

The past three years have been Iris mania time! waiting for DH to build beds, moving 300 iris, getting them labeled correctly, figuring out which ones died, then lifting them all AGAIN to amend soil with Turface and compost and making a new planting plan, then re-mapping and making a new database.

oh the work of dividing/labeling/mapping iris will never be done, but 75% of it is done now. I have one big bed to amend with Turface and compost, then that one will be ready to receive iris I can buy over the next 2-3 years. By then our Hermann construction will be completed and I can plant iris clumps around the foundation , so that will be even more room for iris.

Congratulations, Iris. What a job!!

Wow that’s a lot of work. My mom had beautiful flower beds but I have never liked to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Wow that’s a lot of work. My mom had beautiful flower beds but I have never liked to do that.
    My goal is to have no more than 500 iris, all mapped and labeled. I want iris that are known, respected, and loved by me. It is not a numbers game.

my buddies in the local iris society have 1,000+. It’s not a competition!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My goal is to have no more than 500 iris, all mapped and labeled. I want iris that are known, respected, and loved by me. It is not a numbers game.

my buddies in the local iris society have 1,000+. It’s not a competition!
    Wow, that will be gorgeous. Would you call it a demonstration site, since they're all labeled? Would you invite the Hermann residents to come in for a "show and tell"?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information