Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soda 'hack'

DW once tried to go off caffeine cold turkey, she ended up coming home sick that day with a horrible headache:-) She then got off it by reducing a bit each week and that worked far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I think sugar/honey is somewhat better than artificial sweeteners?
    The sugar industry has spent a lot of money demonizing non-nutritive sweeteners, but the truth is that none of them have the affect on blood sugar or insulin release that sugar has or put undo stress on the liver like fructose does. If you have even a hint of hyperinsulinemia or NAFLD, I think you're better off with substitutes.

I am a tea drinker, in the morning one or 2 cups. My stomach cannot handle coffee so i have never really had that. However afternoons with my long shift are the problem. I really like all the things about soda, the bubbly and cold and sweet taste and caffeine. Sigh, just not good for me. I definitely try iced tea or herbal tea, still want the soda,...

I have been a Pepsi drinker most of my adult life, and every now and then I try to find substitutes... my current go-to is really COLD green iced tea, with about 3 Powerberries (Trader Joe's). That's enough caffeine and just a bit of sweet so that I feel energized and refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I am a tea drinker, in the morning one or 2 cups. My stomach cannot handle coffee so i have never really had that. However afternoons with my long shift are the problem. I really like all the things about soda, the bubbly and cold and sweet taste and caffeine. Sigh, just not good for me. I definitely try iced tea or herbal tea, still want the soda,...
    You could get a Sodastream and bubbleize your teas, or mix concentrated tea with sparkling water.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    How about just drinking a cup of coffee?? I don't believe that coffee is the demon drink everyone makes it out to be. I'm sure it's a more natural, healthier drink than Coke or Pepsi.

If you had a cup of coffee in the morning to settle your caffeine craving, you could choose a bubbly non-caffeinated drink. DH and I love a Polar product called Orange Dry-it is bubbly and has real orange juice in it. It's kind of like a cheap Orangina. It comes in diet and non-diet versions and we've turned the kids on to it--even our 4 y.o. grandson LOVES it--he called it "yellow drink."

Just looked at the ingredients and it contains high fructose corn syrup.

With HFCS I can lose a lot of weight really fast! Not a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Just looked at the ingredients and it contains high fructose corn syrup.
    It does? Bummer!

My BIL is involved with a health and wellness company, Arbonne, and they sell these "fizz sticks" which are supposedly to rev up your energy, much like caffeine, but there's no caffeine. There are probably similar products on the market, but theirs is pretty good, but expensive.

Here's a description: https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caf...e-energy-drink
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Reyes View Post
    DW once tried to go off caffeine cold turkey, she ended up coming home sick that day with a horrible headache:-) She then got off it by reducing a bit each week and that worked far better.
    Anyone else seen the caffeine gum,it's at most of the registers in Walmart.

Thread Information