Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So the only reason nixon was going to be impeached was because of political intolerance? That's an interesting theory. I'd love to hear more.
    That must be your theory since I never said it was the only reason Nixon faced impeachment. But I'm pretty sure it's the only reason the current impeachment show is underway, it started slow taking nearly 3 years to find it's footing but it's proving to be very entertaining now.

I still find it odd that the country went through this once during its first 185 years of existence and we're now on our third in the remaining 45 years of having a President. What does that tell you?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That must be your theory since I never said it was the only reason Nixon faced impeachment. But I'm pretty sure it's the only reason the current impeachment show is underway, it started slow taking nearly 3 years to find it's footing but it's proving to be very entertaining now.

I still find it odd that the country went through this once during its first 185 years of existence and we're now on our third in the remaining 45 years of having a President. What does that tell you?
    So you think what nixon did was worse than what the current president did? Or is it that you think it was wrong that nixon's presidency was forced to end before his term was over.

I suppose there could be any number of reasons that we're on our third impeachment in our lifetime. Perhaps media is better now at uncovering scandals and technology makes spreading the word easier. Perhaps we're picking more corrupt people as president. Perhaps in the past the idea of a president getting a blowjob from someone other than his wife was not considered to be anyone's business but the three people directly involved. Who knows.

Perhaps in the past the idea of a president getting a blowjob from someone other than his wife was not considered to be anyone's business but the three people directly involved. Who knows.
    It's still not anyone's business but lying under oath about it was a crime. You know that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

If it’s not anyone’s business why was he asked about it.

I’m sure that was Harvey Weinstein’s way of thinking.

Apparently one of the women he sexually harassed had the temerity to sue him and then the rest of the world had the gall to notice his perjury. But you knew that too.

So if it turns out that trump committed perjury in his written response
    To mueller are you goi g to suddenly be in favor of impeachment?

It will be interesting to see if that is among the articles being brought forward.

So if it turns out that trump committed perjury in his written response
    To mueller are you goi g to suddenly be in favor of impeachment?
    I think I mentioned at the beginning that I was in favor of the House going through this process, why do you assume otherwise?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm reading that it looks likely Trump won't be impeached, even though he committed an impeachable offense. And the reason to have any faith at all in America again was? Rob

Thread Information