Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesting is so good for the soul.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    It is right before 6PM now and I am about to leave for the airport in Phoenix to protest United Airlines with my husband (how did I get so lucky to end up with a man who understands???) and some other protesters from the 85006 including my cousin who I co-own a house with in the 85006 with and who is a frequent business traveller. All I can say tonight is that I am unable to respond to other posts regarding my protesting activity but I don't mean to ignore you - I will get back to you, especially to Float On, who raised some interesting points. Right now I am off to the airport to protest against the United Airlines brand with my husband and other protesters from the 85006. And I'm grateful for the food and beverage which I understand will be provided by Chicanos Por La Casa. Rob
    Last edited by gimmethesimplelife; 4-15-17 at 10:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    What about the city of Chicago? Shouldn't you also be demanding the mayor be thrown out, arrested, and sued? And let's not forget about his pension.

United handled this badly, but this is will soon be forgotten by the majority of travelers.

I am a little curious about your protest party's. Do the 85006 look at protesting as a social function? Do they have a committe to chose what the next protest is going to be for? Do they sell T shirts proclaiming their zip code?
    A quick response - given that I am from the lower social classes, is it not my moral obligation to protest against United Airlines and the evil that this brand represents? Would I not be just as guilty as United Airlines is, understanding America as I do coming from the lower social classes, if I chose not to protest? Coming from the lower social classes and seeing America clearly as I do, how could anyone realistically expect me and my husband and others from the 85006 not protest? Appalling as it may seem to the upper social classes, I am all about human rights before profit. Deal. We of the 85006 have certainly had our share of profit over basic human rights FOR FAR TOO LONG. (capitalized to show respect for my husband and my in-law from Mexico, and to my Mother, an immigrant from Austria). Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Your beginning to sound Trump like (HUGE). I didn't realize it was a human right to fly.

Better go talk to your deity about that, and tell those people at the airport, that they need to donate their time, as it is a human right, so they shouldn't be making money off of it, either.

He refused an order, now whether it was lawful or not, to be honest should be up to a court to decide. It was a mistake to tell the cops no, as they have the right to use force for their safety and to get the job done. Lawful gets decided after the fact in a court. (law part, verses enforcement parts) Besides the lawsuit against the airlines, I expect he has a criminal court appearance now for failure to comply, which could end up placing him on the government no fly list.

Good question. If they know the airlines may need x number of seats, then why don't they reserve some seats on the plane.
    I am trying my best to accept that this was not a direct attack against the lower social classes in America and I am trying to believe, as best as I can, that this was not a direct insult to all the victims of the United States of America, and America's need to keep people from the lower classes down as best as possible to increase profit as much as possible for the upper classes. My husband, my Mother, and my in laws wish me to be brutally honest with you but......this site has been good to me and I will leave any retaliation against you to karma and walk away. And yes, those of the lower social classes are capable of incredible displays of class on a daily basis. Rob

Pulling into the Sky Harbour Airport in Phoenix now, at least for parking. Wish me a bitchin' meaningful protest of basic human rights and basic human dignity against what America truly is......Rob

So this one incedent from a company that employs thousands makes the whole company evil. They called the cops to get the doctor off the plane since he refused, and this is an attack on the lower classes.

i agree they handled it badly. But protesting for the downfall of a company for this is just silly.

Have fun fun at your protest.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Wish me a bitchin' meaningful protest of basic human rights and basic human dignity against what America truly is......Rob
    Just saw this on Facebook moments before reading your post. On the spur of the moment and with your history of hundreds of similarly themed posts, it seems appropriate.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

You seem infatuated with victimhood and class. Evidently since childhood. How's that working out for you?

He will never leave Alan. He is part of the identity politics that is so popular now. He is a victim, that explains his lot in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Just saw this on Facebook moments before reading your post. On the spur of the moment and with your history of hundreds of similarly themed posts, it seems appropriate.

I'd love to start over in Chile with my husband and both our extended families if for no other reason, the affordable health care Chile offers, both socialized and private. I am enough of a realist to comparison shop America on these terms and I'm afraid America fails such tests. No excuse for this period, but I knew that at the age of 10 - such is not news for me at this late date. Rob

PS But at least the protest is going well, and there is support from many different zip codes, not just the 85006. Gives me some hope. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I, too, am surprised that the OP isn't framing this as another police brutality incident. The airport police, the higher ups including Mayor Ram, and ultimately the taxpayers should pay for this outrage.Or something like that.
    There is something here to be said in regards to police brutality, IL, and multi million dollars settlements with the city of Chicago certainly are appropriate to keep the Chicago police in check going forward and to keep basic human rights and basic human dignity a top consideration going forward. You have a point - certainly there is much cash-in-able liability here in regards to the city of Chicago. However, the evil United Airlines Brand did draw first blood and so should be retaliated against first. Such is only fair, no? Rob

Thread Information