Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Protesting is so good for the soul.....

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I'm told that Australia took several of my ancestors some time ago, and they didn't even want to go.
    The witnesses at my wedding sum up Australia to me. The female: Greek, aged six when her family emigrated from Corinth. Her parents opened Greek restaurants in Adelaide at a time when Aussie cuisine consisted of a T-bone steak topped with a fried egg as breakfast; husband... Well the manacle scars from his ancestors were still fresh in his family lore... As Aussies say ... They live in 'God's Own Country'! Both highly successful, I met them when we all worked in London. We're still friends, decades later.

Right after I graduated college, Australia was offering great deals to American immigrants with technical skills, but when I investigated, the sexist and racial issues there led me to setting elsewhere. I'm hoping this has improved over the past few decades?

Let's just say there is room for improvement, but the racism is less overt... Ditto sexism.

No country is perfect, including my own!

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Let's just say there is room for improvement, but the racism is less overt... Ditto sexism.

No country is perfect, including my own!

I remember him saying that and how you all are doing fine in Ireland, with a north and south fighting each other, without anybody of color involved.

One of my favourite comedians, appearing on one of my favourite programmes HIGNFY.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Ay Carumba, now it looks as if Delta has taken a page from the United Airlines playbook by kicking a family off a plane in California.....I don't know if there will be protests as the locally the big issue is Trumpcare.....but I feel guilty letting Delta slide for this heinous, evil act without a protest, it's as if I'm condoning this behavior and I don't care to live with that. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't know if there will be protests as the locally the big issue is Trumpcare.....but I feel guilty letting Delta slide for this heinous, evil act without a protest, it's as if I'm condoning this behavior and I don't care to live with that. Rob
    You could become a pro, there's money to be made in protest.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Just ask the ringers they bused in for Trump rallies!

That's true. Mrs. Clinton is starting up a new "Resistance" PAC, so you know there must be good money to be made in the protest industry.

Your not the only one that has mentioned that. Although if he is good enough at it, he may end up having to pay for others with higher taxes.

Thread Information