Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter-examples of why Rob is wrong about cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Rob, this thread is not for you.
    Has Simple Living Forums changed as to who can post what, when and where? This thread is even located in Open Forums.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Has Simple Living Forums changed as to who can post what, when and where? This thread is even located in Open Forums.
    I agree with you, anyone, even Rob, can post here. I have never liked threads partitioned off to be only for certain posters or even for certain topics because I do like the meandering way topics evolve.

But the original poster is welcome to have his say and if he wants to say to Rob “hey stay off” he can do so. They are words, no one has any power to keep anyone off a thread except for a moderator whose powers are to delete. That won’t happen here.

Starting a threat titled "why Rob is wrong", and then saying "no, Rob, you can't post here" seems....wrong.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Happystuff, I noticed this too and I Thank You for posting what you have here.

I didn't appreciate being told I was not welcome to post here - it was very much like being in high school all over again. On the other hand, I do post of topics that are controversial and I do have thick skin so I let it go and chose not to make a big deal about it.

What really does bother me, though? There is a poster here named Dado Potato who posts on a somewhat regular basis and does not post of controversial issues as I do. He too was shut down and I found that unacceptable and low - as I said, he does not post of controversial issues as I do. I was thinking of just throwing in the towel here but there are posters here I won't name who I do appreciate and I do enjoy reading their posts and this site has been a regular go to for me since I arrived here in 2005 and I'm not one to just throw things away.

As I said, I have thick skin and I do post of controversy so some of this comes with that territory, I get that (even though it was done in a very high school way). Seriously, though, I'm sure if we went back over all of my posts since 2005 at some point I'm sure I've sunk to this level, too.

I do believe Dado Potato is owed an apology and even though I'm not the one who shut Dado Potato down - for what it's worth - I personally am sorry that various posters here treated you this way. I would not do that to you, personally, and I'm sorry others did.

Thank You for hearing me out on this - it's been bothering me. It's not like life or death to be honest and real - it's just that I do have a number of years here as a regular poster and I don't like seeing another regular poster - especially one who has not dabbled in controversy as I have - slammed.

That's all, I've said my piece. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Starting a threat titled "why Rob is wrong", and then saying "no, Rob, you can't post here" seems....wrong.
    Bae, I know we have had our differences over the years but for what it's worth, I do respect you for your stance here. Thank You. Rob

I've come back to say one final thing in as minimally a Drama Queen way as possible. If it's really that horribly unacceptable that I had the gall to come back here and post and personally apologize for the slamming of poster Dado Potato, seriously, do I belong here anyway? It's very true that there are core posters here that I have sparred with and that I don't see eye to eye with - but I have not to date sunk to the level of you are not welcome to post here due to your stances/beliefs - even to the posters who have really swung their stick at my pinata in this forum. I'd advocate for a little more tolerance......have I not managed to avoid crossing this line myself over the years (and trust me, I've been tempted to on more than one occasion).

I could go on and on as is my penchant but for what point? I've made my take and my stance clear. Rob

What "slamming" did you observe?

What "slamming" did you observe?
    If you'll go back over this thread Bae, you'll find that Dado Potato posted a link to a story of a SF PD officer who robbed two banks apparently. Without naming names (no reason to as all you have to do is go over posting history if you so wish), one poster advised DP that this was not the proper thread for such a post (to me this is a slam as it states that any discussion not in agreeance is unwelcome) and another poster asked point blank what was the intent of DP's posting such a link in this thread. (also another slam, as it is a bit hostile towards any non-agreement). Once again, DP has not dabbled in the controversial as I have and the second instance above? Was posted courtesy of a moderator on this board......now I have no desire to be a moderator here again but as I was shut down in this role (and I'm not saying this person should be booted as moderator, either, please understand that) I gotta ask why this is acceptable and not called out? Once again, especially since DP has not dabbled (or even gone into the 7 foot section of the pool as I admit I have) with controversy. Rob

That doesn't seem a slam. Those seemed like requests for clarification, as the link was posted with little explanation, and seemed different than the topic of the thread.

That doesn't seem a slam. Those seemed like requests for clarification, as the link was posted with little explanation, and seemed different than the topic of the thread.
    Fair enough, bae. Fair enough. I don't agree with you one iota - but I do respect your right to see this situation as you wish. Fair enough. Rob

Thread Information