Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

May Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

Feeling good about getting the month started off on the right foot with regard to my Sunday daily to-do's. Have completed balanced checkbook and paid necessary bills, made our breakfast dish for the week, taken the last of the turkey steaks from earlier in the week and have meals planned to use up the remaining ones - including tonight's dinner of stir fried rice, prepping my bullet journal for the new month and prepping remaining garden beds for planting. Feels good to be productive, even in little things.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Nice, happystuff! That sounds like a very productive May Day!

I didn't do too badly myself--finally got out to take care of the leaves because it wasn't too cold or too windy. Yesterday was the first real spring day. So DH cleared the leaves. I don't rake in the fall so that all the little critters have a place to stay over the winter. So I wind up with heaps of leaves in the spring, usually matted to the ground or swirled into piles against the house.

We rake the lawn and then shred the leaves using a shredder/mulcher and then use it in compost and in the gardens. It's a pretty good workout all-in-all. I actually accomplished calorie goal on my Apple Watch--something I NEVER do!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Nice, catherine! On both the yard work and calorie goal!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

FINALLY, crossed off "go to the bank". Don't know why I procrastinated so much over such a simple little thing, but it is now done. LOL. Plus, got Mother's Day scheduled and on the calendar with MIL and ordered a new pair of work shoes.

Good IB catherine.

My own perennial garden in Hermann, the non-iris and Non-Lily bed, is covered with matted leaves keep little annual flowers from sprouting.

Here's a biggie: I bought myself a life insurance policy. I've never had one outside of the standard employer-issued ones, but I haven't had an employer in 15 years. I'm always a little cavalier about those kids of things, but this is what happened: I did two focus groups with women with cancer on the topic of financial toxicity: what were all the expenses incurred by the diagnosis--some talked about how they just missed the boat on life insurance. They had been so healthy and never expected to get sick and then: boom. They are suddenly uninsurable.

I also consider myself to be very healthy, but I am 70. I have debts. I want DH and the kids to continue enjoying the VT house. So I did some research and wound up with a very reasonable 10-year term life policy in an amount that will enable the family to pay off the house, all other debts, and bury me and maybe have a little left over.

I feel good about this.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Here's a biggie: I bought myself a life insurance policy. I've never had one outside of the standard employer-issued ones, but I haven't had an employer in 15 years. I'm always a little cavalier about those kids of things, but this is what happened: I did two focus groups with women with cancer on the topic of financial toxicity: what were all the expenses incurred by the diagnosis--some talked about how they just missed the boat on life insurance. They had been so healthy and never expected to get sick and then: boom. They are suddenly uninsurable.

I also consider myself to be very healthy, but I am 70. I have debts. I want DH and the kids to continue enjoying the VT house. So I did some research and wound up with a very reasonable 10-year term life policy in an amount that will enable the family to pay off the house, all other debts, and bury me and maybe have a little left over.

I feel good about this.
    That is very good thinking, and good for you for actually doing it, rather than just thinking about it.

That is a biggie, catherine! Congrats!

Saturday I planted a rose bush that I picked up at Aldi for $8. Also put some Aldi plastic edging around my mail box. Either I will kill this rose right away or it will be the hardiest plant on the block. I think it would have to be to survive being sold for $8 at Aldi! Time will tell. My son and DIL came over to visit for awhile Sunday (making the rounds). I asked him to move my rusted out gas grill from the deck in the back to the curb, so that's done. I took the propane container off because it still has quite a bit and will give it to my brother. I'm going to just buy a simple charcoal Weber grill.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Saturday I planted a rose bush that I picked up at Aldi for $8. Also put some Aldi plastic edging around my mail box. Either I will kill this rose right away or it will be the hardiest plant on the block. I think it would have to be to survive being sold for $8 at Aldi! Time will tell. My son and DIL came over to visit for awhile Sunday (making the rounds). I asked him to move my rusted out gas grill from the deck in the back to the curb, so that's done. I took the propane container off because it still has quite a bit and will give it to my brother. I'm going to just buy a simple charcoal Weber grill.
    We started out with a little charcoal Weber years ago, moved to a bigger gas grill, and then went back to a little charcoal Weber, full circle.

Thread Information