Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

I am so shocked but on this trip I realized that I have less stuff than anyone I have visited. Even with my husband having a few spots he has to much junk.

Yppej
    Three big pieces of black plastic. I use these under squash as supposedly they like heat but this year I think it has made them too hot as they haven't produced anything. I still have to cut out the plastic under the plants but my trash barrel is full now. With global warming I figured I may as well get rid of this all.

Also one pair of socks I wore so my pedicure wouldn't get ruined when I painted the front steps.

I'm still cramming stuff into the car; I'll probably deliver it this week.
    And then start over.

After multiple rounds of declutter over 20 years, eliminating/reducing is more challenging. Today is the day! I'm in my studio today 30 minutes at a time (knee therapy underway but being up longer than that isn't working yet). I set a 30 minute timer.

I am sorting out quilting projects that are underway or leftovers. I've got them out in stacks. In doing so, 1 project is partial and arrived in the mail from a friend in Houston. It's Christmas themed. i got out my Christmas fabric bin (very little of my quilting fabric is binned). This bin is barely 1/2 full. Realizing that, and the fact that it's a gift wrap roll bin, I decided to eject the fabric, put the bit of wrapping paper and bows into it and.........

Voila! The wrapping paper standing container is in my trunk headed to Goodwill.

I have 3 finished large lap-size quilts that will go to my Charity group this coming Saturday.

Geila
    I'm trying to decide if it would be easier for me to organize the extra stuff and just make space for it and keep it, or get rid of it. Overall my house is very good since I did the Kondo thing a while back and I have the room. Maybe forcing myself to go through the work of sorting, cleaning, and storing will keep me from buying more stuff in the future. A while back I made myself gather all my baskets (which I used to buy on impulse) and store/display them all together. I felt so foolish looking at all those stupid baskets! And I can honestly say that it cured me of my basket habit. I've had zero interest since then. Maybe I can do that with my stash of linens and decorations. I would love to never be tempted to buy things I don't need again.

I had a dream last night that someone came and put back in my house a bunch of stuff I had gotten rid of

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I had a dream last night that someone came and put back in my house a bunch of stuff I had gotten rid of
    Ack!

On another note, I found a pair of nice old french doors in our garage. dH drug them in from an alley. This makes for 3 sets of French doors we have rescued from the alley. Because we are, apparently, French Doors Rescue.

I noticed yesterday that we are down to 3 toilets being stored in our spare house. Once there were 5. Progress! Perhaps DH is easing out of being a UseLess Toilets R Us franchise.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-9-18 at 4:59pm.

IL you made me laugh. When we had toilets replaced my husband broke them with a sledge hammer and bundled it into a mulch bag for the trash...

Yppej
    I cut the remaining black plastic out from around the squash plants and threw it away.

IL and TT both made me laugh!

Thread Information