Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ugh I am jonesing for this condo...bad!

Looking forward to hearing the review of these units. I see lots of possibilities...

Being in a high rise gives me the chills. Even when going to a hotel don't want to go above 6 floors. How far do fire truck ladders reach?

I know they are bad investments but sometimes I think one of those funky little Florida style trailers in a small court would be fun. I have actually considered a few in Tx as a winter home but am put off by the fact that the lots are almost always leased.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Being in a high rise gives me the chills. Even when going to a hotel don't want to go above 6 floors. How far do fire truck ladders reach?
    Oh stop that!
    Yeah, I walked out of the second unit On the 5th floor because ( at first it seemed) there was no back door and that was a dealbreaker. As it turns out the original back door was there it was just covered up with kitchen cabinets and I would redo that kitchen anyway. And open the back door. Because it opened right into a back hall that went to the fire escape.

You are right, fire is a big concern of mine in this building and ain’t no way I would cover up the second method of egress.

So the report is this:

The ninth floor unit, the one that’s decorated to the max, is darling, beautifully tastefully decorated, with a very high-end kitchen, and a fabulous view. I mean that view is to die for!

But really, I don’t require a nice view like that because I have a nice view in Hermann.

This trip confirmed that I want a unit in the front of the building with a front view.front of the building view Because the views are pretty at the front no matter what floor you’re on.

I’m not going to buy either unit. I’m sit on my hands and wait a while and maybe a small unit in front will come on the market in the next two years. I will keep the photographs of the ninth floor unit to use as my blueprint for renovating any one of these units that I buy.

The one Tybee found for rent Would suit me very well.

I like the idea of renting in a building to get a sense of the place. It seems you have a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Those prices are wonderful! I'm with Tradd, though--I'd want a W/D.

This is one I saw this week--it's in the same complex as my old one. It was on the market for two days. They staged the hell out of it.

https://www.johnlscott.com/search/listing/4838948

I finally took time to look at this unit. Well I do like it stays all that blue is really pretty! I think it looks like a very nice little unit in that square footage is about right.

Now do these things have basements?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I know they are bad investments but sometimes I think one of those funky little Florida style trailers in a small court would be fun. I have actually considered a few in Tx as a winter home but am put off by the fact that the lots are almost always leased.
    We were in TX this past winter and put a down payment on a trailer to rent in a park where the land is owned, not leased. It was so much fun we wanted to go back. Sadly, it is not looking possible now. I would never have guessed I would have enjoyed it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The that’s all decorated for $75,000
    Wow. My parking space in Chicago was almost that much. And it's not decorated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Wow. My parking space in Chicago was almost that much. And it's not decorated at all.
    I just looked up the equivalent of this darling prewar building 550 foot condo as it sits in Central Park West. It is $550,000.

Thread Information