Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All the Attacks on Jewish Places....

I thought this was nice:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/22/politi...draising-trnd/

(CNN)A fundraiser for a vandalized Jewish cemetery is sending a strong message of unity and tolerance.

The effort organized by Muslim American activists Linda Sarsour and Tarek El-Messidi was launched this week to fund the repairs of nearly 200 headstones that were damaged and toppled in the Chesed Shel Emeth Society cemetery in the St. Louis suburb of University City in Missouri.
    The fundraiser exceeded its goal of $20,000 so fast, it has expanded into an effort to support Jewish community centers that have been targets of anti-Semitism.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    It's not "the government" that's supposed to solve this. It's the ****ING PRESIDENT who is supposed to stand up and say "THIS IS NOT OK ASSHOLES." but he only grudgingly did so after it became blatantly obvious to anyone that was slightly more alert and observant than him (thanks bae) that he was supporting the assholery. THAT is the problem with the douchebag in chief. He is part of the problem (actually no, he IS the problem) and will never be part of the solution.
    You elites are so eloquent.

Some Trump supporters are nasty. Many of his opponents are nasty to the point of violence and vandalism.
    Blaming one man for all the ills of a society when you insist "he IS the problem" indicates the same level of thinking that some of Trump's cruder supporters use.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Again.......are you referring to my question or are you referring to those people who may have been encouraged by Trump's behavior?
    Either that can't reason out that it doesn't give permission.

Man TMS........you have become really hard to understand. Can anyone else 'interpret' TMS's replies to me? I'd really like to understand them.

Thinking based on feelings.....
    I will stay with him, because I love him, it must be my fault he hits me.

Thinking based on reasoning.....
    If he hits me now, what would it be like if we got married and have kids?

I don't think separating the two is that hard to understand.

Yes, I understand those. But are you saying that my even posting the question is unreasonable? Or were you responding to those who are violent people and hurt others for no reason, other than they feel like that?
    Your logic is hard for me to follow.

Okay.....maybe my 'ignorance' is showing. Maybe I live in an area where Jewish women don't wear hijabs. In areas where these are more common, are they being confused with Islamists, and some people see them all as terrorists?
    That seems like it would be a very silly mistake to make. Still, hateful people aren't known for their cleverness.

I was thinking it was just about Judaism and the perps were probably neo-Nazi types.
    That's likely closer to the mark. Or other flavors of bad people trying to stir up trouble to sell their message.

These guys were doing cleanup at Chesed Shel Emeth Jewish Cemetery this afternoon in St. Louis:

IMG_2859.jpg DH, Mr. iris lilies

IMG_2861.jpg VP Pence

Yes, I understand those. But are you saying that my even posting the question is unreasonable? Or were you responding to those who are violent people and hurt others for no reason, other than they feel like that?
    Your logic is hard for me to follow.

You recently made a post about how you FEEL. The question you asked in this thread, I read as based on what you feel it is, rather then logic. The people who may react the way you anticipate, are also acting on feelings, not logic, or reasoning. (or they are trying to get others to react on feelings, instead of logic) I view both as looking at the same thing, through emotion, rather then reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    ....However, is this the only cemetery that was hit? I ask because in our area, a few years back, they were going through doing the push over headstone things at different cemeteries. It wasn't just one group's cemetery. Was their other vandalism that shows targeting? (swastika's, etc)
    Last time I heard, local LEOs had not determined it to be a hate crime. It was a LOT of stones overturned, 200. The timing of this is the same week as other damage to synagogs, but who knows, it could be random vandalization.

When we went to the cemetery yesterday, we didnt know that Vice President Pence would attend the cleanup. Just our governer was scheduled to attend. But when we saw many LEO vehicles and official looking ummarked cars, we thought it was a possibility. Then we saw one guy with Secret Service ID and knew the Vice President would be there.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-23-17 at 8:33am.

Thread Information