Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ailment No One Ever Talks About

They need to give you some heavy duty drugs to get you through this. Take care

I was hoping for a better update. So sorry you are in such pain!

I've been on Oxy 10's since Saturday morning, every 6 hours. The shot of Dilaudid helped for about 3 hours max the other night, then the same pain broke though...I am getting a ride up to SF in about an hour to go see my doctor finally. I am not impressed with this practice's surgery aftercare. I feel like they haven't been taking my extreme level of pain seriously.

Thank you all for your thoughts and concern. I am pretty much incapacitated aside from messing around on the computer flat on my back in bed.

So sorry to hear this. When you went to the ER, did they do any type of exam? Can you insist on going back to the doc's office and have them check things out? It's not out of the question that something is going on......

Oh.....just read that you were going to see the doc. Let us know what happens. I feel so bad for you.

So so sorry.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I've been on Oxy 10's since Saturday morning, every 6 hours. The shot of Dilaudid helped for about 3 hours max the other night, then the same pain broke though...I am getting a ride up to SF in about an hour to go see my doctor finally. I am not impressed with this practice's surgery aftercare. I feel like they haven't been taking my extreme level of pain seriously.

Thank you all for your thoughts and concern. I am pretty much incapacitated aside from messing around on the computer flat on my back in bed.
    I just read an article that said women's pain is rarely taken seriously, even though recent studies seem to indicate they feel pain more acutely than men--they're usually just labeled whiners, and rarely treated adequately. I hope you get some relief!

Well, the doctor said everything was healing as it should, no infection evident. She also said she has never had a patient have such an extreme reaction to this surgery (she is a rather young surgeon, been at it about 7 years), but it is a notoriously painful one at that. She has even had the same surgery herself. I'm guessing that maybe since I have other weird body anomalies, like ulna bones that are too long and extra cervical ribs at the top of my neck, that perhaps I have more nerve endings in that area than the average person.

Anyway, she said I was doing all the right things, but now she wants me on complete bed rest for a week or two. That is fine with me, as being upright, walking and sitting are absolutely miserable at this juncture. The pressure is just way too intense. Sitting on the toilet and trying to relieve myself at this point causes me to scream in pain. I get to take lots of pain meds too...

Gawd, will the health stuff EVER END???????? I guess I must learn acceptance or something, and learn how to relax and take good care of myself. I am such a do-er type of person, it is hard to sit still. But I am in so much pain I really have no interest in doing anything right now anyway. This too shall pass, I guess...patience....

Did she talk about constipation risk with opiates? If they are not helping you, maybe you could take less opiates, and use non-opiates instead. Opiate induced constipation ... ugh.

I've read that opiates are no more effective than less-addictive prescription pain medications; I would nope that's well-known among prescribers these days.

The dr. told my sister to use aleve and tylonal together to combat pain. Double doses of each several times a day. But I have no idea the level of pain you are suffering and hope something helps soon! The opiate constipation is horrible. Can't imagine after your surgery how it would be.

Thread Information