Page 23 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    My boss bought a betta fish for the kid's salon, which hasn't opened yet. The fish is in a small glass goblet--she has no clue on how to take care of it and figures that I'll do it. Of course, I feel sorry for it and have been changing the water (incorrectly, with non-treated room temp. tap water; it's the best I can do there). I can't find any food for it so I'll have to bring in some of my own.

When she decides she's tired of it, she'll flush it down the toilet, just as she did with another betta a few years ago. I don't want another one as keeping one fish correctly is a lot of work. But I can't watch it die in filthy water.
    Wow, your boss is a real peach.

Is it "paid" or "payed" - I never know which is correct as they both seem past tensed to me.

Mrs-M
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Is it "paid" or "payed" - I never know which is correct as they both seem past tensed to me.
    Where's KathyWI, when we need her.

Working on Saturday, after a stressful, 60-hour week. Again. Am I peeved? Yeah.

Kara

Please shoot me the next time I talk about buying or selling a house.

We have been trying to sell our old house for six months, paying double mortgages all the while and eroding our savings. We finally got under contract in mid-March, and it's been one dumb thing after another. The buyers took three weeks to get bids on the improvements they want to make (!?). Closing was delayed. And delayed. And delayed. Finally we learned why: Somewhere, between two real estate agents and a mortgage broker, no one ordered an appraisal. And the appraiser won't call our agent back, which means closing will be delayed again....IF the appraisal makes value.

(sound of pug beating head against drywall)

I will be thankful if this goes through; it's hard to sell a house in our market. But for now, I am so VERY tired of professionals who take on so much new work that they can't take care of the customers they HAVE with integrity.

It's 'paid'

It's seven blanking thirty pee em and my neighbor is riding his lawnmower in circles over and over and over directly opposite my window. Apparently, he's a NASCAR wannabe. I can hear him through three layers of ear protection. Guess it's time to redeploy to the other side of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It's seven blanking thirty pee em and my neighbor is riding his lawnmower in circles over and over and over directly opposite my window. Apparently, he's a NASCAR wannabe. I can hear him through three layers of ear protection. Guess it's time to redeploy to the other side of the house.
    I think it's time to buy an AK-47. Heck, let's go halvesies. The OCD lunatic two doors away ran his lawn vacuum for half an hour yesterday just as I was about to eat dinner. Nothing like tensing up immediately before eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    It's paid

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    I think it's time to buy an AK-47. Heck, let's go halvesies. The OCD lunatic two doors away ran his lawn vacuum for half an hour yesterday just as I was about to eat dinner. Nothing like tensing up immediately before eating.
    Yeah, that kind of situation definitely activates my inner Ted Nugent--"Let's watch as normally mild-mannered JaneV2.0 finally goes around the bend and starts lobbing grenades toward the source of the noise." For God's sake, can't we have silent, electric powered mowers? If they can make cars that can back over you with barely a whisper, why not mowers? Oh, for the day.

In fact, let's just do away with lawns entirely. Think of the resources we could save.

Thread Information