Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 43%! 43%! 43%!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    It is true that such remains to be seen, I'll give you that, but the 85006 overall begs to differ with your opinion. Rob
    I lived in the 85006 for two years. While Phoenix proper is fairly liberal, I can assure you that:
    1. It ain't that liberal.
    2. It is under political siege by most of the rest of AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I lived in the 85006 for two years. While Phoenix proper is fairly liberal, I can assure you that:
    1. It ain't that liberal.
    2. It is under political siege by most of the rest of AZ.
    Rob is their king. They will do as he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I was there from roughly 2010 to 2012. But I don't remember Rob. And I met with lots of big wigs in city government, as I was working with a union then. We did lobbying and all sorts of stuff. Perhaps his rise to power and fame came in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I was there from roughly 2010 to 2012. But I don't remember Rob. And I met with lots of big wigs in city government, as I was working with a union then. We did lobbying and all sorts of stuff. Perhaps his rise to power and fame came in 2013?
    How mean spirited. Rob, I may not agree with you on every issue, but I think it's great that you are in there demonstrating, trying to improve your community, and caring about your neighbors. Way to go!

To be fair, he's not much of a citizen. Unless there's something in it for him.
    Be nice. He has a fully-charged smartphone. He's The Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    He's The Resistance.
    What a profoundly annoying term. I would love to see some real maquisards rise from the dead and confront the people smugly styling themselves as "the Resistance".

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    What a profoundly annoying term. I would love to see some real maquisards rise from the dead and confront the people smugly styling themselves as "the Resistance".
    I met some members of the French Resistance recently, as well as members of Allied forces that worked with them. They didn't have smartphones, alas.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    To be fair, he's not much of a citizen. Unless there's something in it for him.
    And this is how citizenship should be - finding the best deal for yourself. We are told to do this in life in relationships, in employment, in life situations in general - why should citizenship be immune from basic cold blooded common sense at this level? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    How mean spirited. Rob, I may not agree with you on every issue, but I think it's great that you are in there demonstrating, trying to improve your community, and caring about your neighbors. Way to go!
    Thank You for the kind words, Tybee. They are appreciated. I've learned to not let people get me down and to go about my life regardless.....doing what little it is that I can to make the world a slightly better place while I am here. In the final analysis, I like and respect and myself, my beliefs and what I stand for and I'm sleeping fairly well at night - what more can one realistically ask for? Rob

I am nothing but a neighborhood activist - it is true that I am fairly well known in the 85006 but leave this neighborhood and I am a nobody nor am I really seeking to be a "somebody". I am all about addressing injustice wherever I find it. That's it, that's the extent of my agenda. That simple. Rob

Thread Information