Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Juice or Not to Juice--that is the question

I'd rather eat fruit and veggies.
    I'm too lazy to want to clean a juicer. My son used a blender for protein shakes and then would just leave the dirty thing in the sink expecting me to wash it. Nope, just moved it out of my way. He gave up blending. Course now he goes to those expensive juice bars for his protein blend. That's quite a racket!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Catherine, a good friend of mine had a rare form of breast cancer that metasized to her liver. In 1999 everyone that did chemo for liver cancer was dead in 4 months. So she looked up diets online and followed one. A man was still alive after 5 years. It consisted of no meat or alcohol, lots of fruit and vegetables with certain kinds of nuts etc for protein. She was healthy for 3 years and sick for a month before dying. I definitely believe diet can make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, a good friend of mine had a rare form of breast cancer that metasized to her liver. In 1999 everyone that did chemo for liver cancer was dead in 4 months. So she looked up diets online and followed one. A man was still alive after 5 years. It consisted of no meat or alcohol, lots of fruit and vegetables with certain kinds of nuts etc for protein. She was healthy for 3 years and sick for a month before dying. I definitely believe diet can make a huge difference.
    A friend of mine with thyroid cancer went on a macrobiotic plant-based diet and went into remission and has remained cancer free for the past 20 years.

And a friend of my son was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer the week of her wedding. She has also aggressively treated and switched to a plant-based, high nutrient diet. She was diagnosed probably 8-10 years ago and she's still alive. During those years since diagnosis she got her PhD and is now working at as a professor at a university.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

So very happy for your two friends. Diet really helps some people. It gave my friend 3 extra years to enjoy her grandchildren.

Agreed--the right diet can be lifesaving for many.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Agreed--the right diet can be lifesaving for many.
    We can definitely agree on that, Jane. (Posted while taking a break to make some sautéed mushrooms, onions and peppers--with egg for me, and with grassfed, local beef sausages for DH--unfortunately the meat won't be thawed in time for me to eat it as I have to leave for an overnight business trip).

Bon appetit, everyone. And thanks for saving me from the juicer.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Friends don't let friends buy Vitamixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy Vitamixes.
    Haha! Love it!

This is reminding me of the documentary, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. As I recall it followed the journey of one obese guy to become healthy as he quit his old diet cold turkey and started juicing. He was successful in dropping the weight and definitely looked healthier, but I'm curious about a follow-up to see how he's doing today.
    bottom line, I think juicing can be a simple short-term solution to getting your body back on track but I can't see it as a lifetime choice.

Thread Information