Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amy Cooper and SWATing black people

Amy Cooper and SWATing black people

So,

Amy Cooper is in the news for calling the police about a black man, Christian Cooper.

The video is pretty over-the-top. She visibly ups her level of represented fear and distress when on the phone with dispatch. Clearly an attempt to get the police to come by and really put the man in his place...

The video leading up to her call with the police shows her acting quite aggressively towards the man.

"I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life," she says.

"Please tell them whatever you like," Christian Cooper says.

The video shows Amy Cooper on her phone.

"There's a man, African American, he has a bicycle helmet," she says. "He is recording me and threatening me and my dog."

While she's on the phone, her dog appears to be straining and trying to get free while she tries to restrain it.

"I'm being threatened by a man in the Ramble," she continues in an audibly distraught voice . "Please send the cops immediately!"

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    So,

Amy Cooper is in the news for calling the police about a black man, Christian Cooper.

The video is pretty over-the-top. She visibly ups her level of represented fear and distress when on the phone with dispatch. Clearly an attempt to get the police to come by and really put the man in his place...

The video leading up to her call with the police shows her acting quite aggressively towards the man.

"I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life," she says.

"Please tell them whatever you like," Christian Cooper says.

The video shows Amy Cooper on her phone.

"There's a man, African American, he has a bicycle helmet," she says. "He is recording me and threatening me and my dog."

While she's on the phone, her dog appears to be straining and trying to get free while she tries to restrain it.

"I'm being threatened by a man in the Ramble," she continues in an audibly distraught voice . "Please send the cops immediately!"
    I watched that. She is ridiculous! She issued an apology within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I watched that. She is ridiculous! She issued an apology within 24 hours.
    Apology?

"I'm sorry, I tried to have armed men show up to beat the bleep out of you, or maybe even shoot you"

She also lost her job and the dog went back to the rescue. What a horrible person.

Karen in the extreme, apparently (I didn’t watch it.)

I hope she doesn't get that poor dog back, but was otherwise satisfied with the outcome.
    There was also a video of a black delivery driver in uniform being blocked and questioned accusingly by a couple of officious HOA twits in a gated community somewhere. This kind of thing apparently goes on day in and day out. Might explain the "angry black man" so beloved by the media.

There was a young woman in downtown Saint Louis who questioned a man standing outside of her apartment building about coming in and he walked in as she walked out. She asked to see his building ID and he wouldn’t show it, he just said “I live here. “She followed him and kept asking to see some kind of building identification which he refused to show her, and he started filming her.

Of course the film ended up on YouTube and highly publicized. She was fired from her job, some kind of rental manager.

Me, I think asking him to show a building ID was entirely reasonable since she didn’t know him, but of course no one could know everyone in those giant downtown condo buildings. A reasonable person would’ve flashed her his key fob or whatever it is they have to get into the building.

But I would not have gone to the length that she went to to continue to follow him and talk to him. I would have let it go.
    You’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t. I remember specifically just in the past year we were leaving our friends’ condominium building and a young black man came in as we opened the door. I didn’t ask to see his ID because I didn’t live in that building. But I was worried that I let someone in who should not be in but how the hell would I I know?

I think people who live in those condo buildings are operating under a false sense of security.Rapists know very well how easy it is to get into these types of buildings. Fortunately, there are very few rapists. Most common Criminals are of the of property crime ilk.

I used to live in a condo and we had security. If someone followed me in I assumed they lived there. There were 200 units. Black people are sick of being harassed. I wouldn’t buzz anyone in that I didn’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I used to live in a condo and we had security. If someone followed me in I assumed they lived there. There were 200 units. Black people are sick of being harassed. I wouldn’t buzz anyone in that I didn’t know.
    So to be clear, if you’re standing inside the lobby and there’s a man standing outside and the door is locked you’re not gonna buzz him in.

If you are in the process of going out the door and there’s a man standing there with no key ready and no fob, you’re gonna hold the door open for him to go in.

Is that right?

Today I was out walking and a black man was approaching from the opposite direction on a narrow sidewalk. The thought occurred to me that if I veered a bit out of the way, he might think I am a racist though the truth is, I normally would have done so with any human due to the virus protocol. I did not want any assumptions made, so I did not veer and we passed within inches of each other.

Thread Information