Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fit bit

I know it doesn't have the name, but I've loved my Garmin Vivofit for 3 years now. I do not have to charge it and the battery lasts for up to or > a year. It tracks steps, miles, cals, and beeps and shows a red line when I've been sitting too long. That's all I needed for way cheaper than a FitBit. And I can wear it in the pool.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

Also, I track my heart rate because it tends to run high. And I've found a correlation between between a high heart rate and alcohol consumption and normal everyday stress (as opposed to de-stressing alone in nature).

I think you'll really like it, ZG!
    I have a staff that tells me not to answer the door for parents in the afternoon because then she won't get her steps in! I usually spend the afternoon walking between 2-3 entrances and answering the doors. I am interested to see how many steps I get in a normal work day. I am running camp today and it is pretty mellow but I still have over 8,000 steps in.

My heart rate is something I really want to track as well. I found that caffeine and a stress spike will trigger the heart rate jumping up high. Not pleasant at all. I saw the DR and apparently everything is fine, but caffeine needs to be cut in half at least. I only drink tea even! It is just hard with long days. I am dragging today and already had 2 cups of tea,

I have the Fitbit Flex2 which you can wear swimming. I had been looking at a ring you could wear swimming I think it was Motiv? I'm just so happy they now have one that is waterproof because of all exercise that I can guarantee in a day it is swimming and water aerobics, especially in winter weather.

there are apps for smart phones that track as well now, ok I've seen others with them, I don't think they are as accurate from the readings, but if one doesn't' want to buy another device and one isn't that picky it might satisfice (says me who doesn't have any and so doesn't really care, but I did hit the gym today ).

https://www.lifewire.com/android-and...unters-4151586
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/the-best...ounting-steps/
    Trees don't grow on money

Mine helped me lose 40lbs 3 years ago.

I got one this past year as I had a 5-million step goal for 2017. I am on track to complete the 5-million with a couple days to spare:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Mine helped me lose 40lbs 3 years ago.
    Great! I had my weight creep up the last month, I really am ready to bring it back down in a sustainable healthy way.

BTW I had 11K steps today running camp, it felt like the typical activity level for camp days.

My son got one for me a couple of years ago. I like to push myself to see how early I can get my 10,000 steps in. My personal record is 9:40 am. Most steps in a day was 40k. A bit much for me. I've never come close since.

So, yeah. It motivates me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyes View Post
    I got one this past year as I had a 5-million step goal for 2017. I am on track to complete the 5-million with a couple days to spare:-)
    Wow. Impressive. Well done, you!

Impressive for everyone! I had camp on Tuesday and a lot of tasks at my site, so 17,000 steps, Wow! That has been my highest, the FM here says he gets more like 30K in his job.

Thread Information