Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And the science says...

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    jp, glad to see your thread bringing out this kind of discourse. Good choice.
    No.... just the same garbage spewed by Jeppy. It gets tiring.

Hey, did you non-maskers know that Trump really does believe in masks when he thinks he's off camera? I laugh that he got caught wearing one when he has been adamant against them.

Annotation 2020-05-26 083751.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    When my son was little and he and later I had chickenpox I was told to stay home with pay. It worked for me. One coworker was upset though. He said, "I wish you had come in and I could bring my kids around you so they could catch it. It's better to get it when you're younger and get immunity, because when you're older it's more severe."

Along those lines, if masks really do stop covid, then maybe all the young people partying at places like Lake of the Ozarks are doing us a favor. They are a low risk group helping develop herd immunity for more vulnerable populations, and catching the disease, currently with a mortality rate similar to the flu (when you factor in the asyptomatic people) before it possibly mutates into a more virulent form. The immunity would likely last through a mutation, just as having had cowpox protected against other poxes. Maybe we should be applauding those brave people willing to risk getting covid for the greater good.
    The only favor they'd be doing us is if they stay home for a couple weeks after this. And wear a damn mask if they absolutely must go out in public. But of course they won't do either so now a month from now we'll be seeing a big surge in the areas surrounding the lake where these selfish fools came from.

I would agree that natural immunity is the safest and most effective kind--especially in cases where the original disease is relatively benign, but I'm aware that mine is a minority view. And it doesn't really work in this instance.

The morons out and about in bars and beaches and beauty salons and churches will fan out, infect more and more innocent people, and extend the life of this virus for months, if not years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Hey, did you non-maskers know that Trump really does believe in masks when he thinks he's off camera? I laugh that he got caught wearing one when he has been adamant against them.

If you listen to the Trumpster rather than read a headline, the Trumpster said when he was at the Ford factory ( Is that what this is from?) that he wore a mask when he was in a section of the Ford place where they asked him to wear a mask. I don’t see what’s funny about that.

It’s just kind of narrative that will win Trump his election. Keep going folks.

And he removed the mask for the cameras to "own the libs," not wanting the media catching him "maskulated," as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post

Is there a hidden relationship between people who'd rather not wear masks and Trump? Or is it just another excuse to feel superior and giggle?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I wish some would understand just how dangerous this virus is. It is not the flu but it affects cells throughout the body in our blood stream and can cause an incredible amount of disease/damage. Sure not everyone has the same response but it does affect all age groups, is highly contagious, and is spread without any symptoms being present. I am seeing an incredible amount of selfish behavior.

I know a father and son who spend over a month each in ICU. The son barely survived and both are in rehab trying to learn how to breath again and trying to get back some strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Is there a hidden relationship between people who'd rather not wear masks and Trump?
    No. It's not particularly hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    No. It's not particularly hidden.
    Well, obviously not in your mind, and probably Gardnr's. Do you really hate people who disagree with you as much as you hate him, or do you just come across that way?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information