Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Seems like lying constantly should be some sort of violation worthy of removal.
    I think just general constant lying would be something to consider in the next election, but I don't see it being a constitutional reason for removal. Now, lying under oath, that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think just general constant lying would be something to consider in the next election, but I don't see it being a constitutional reason for removal. Now, lying under oath, that's different.
    I know. But dang, how much damage he can do before then.

Now, lying under oath, that's different.
    That will get you disbarred in Arkansas.

Here is an article from Truthdig, which I like because they don't lean Democrat or Republican, and I think their columns are insightful and provocative.

So here is one that talks about all the impeachable offenses that Trump has committed, but it doesn't let Democrats off the hook.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/th...e-rule-of-law/

Of the whole slate of Democratic candidates (including Bloomberg) who do you think is the "cleanest"? Just curious.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks for the pointer to that, Catherine.

I would certainly agree that the legislature was been yielding power to the executive at least since Woodrow Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I would certainly agree that the legislature was been yielding power to the executive at least since Woodrow Wilson.
    Yup, I wish they'd step up and do their jobs.

Yup, I wish they'd step up and do their jobs.
    If the idea is to box the President’s baser instincts in, you would think there were more effective legislative strategies available than the endless quest for the golden gotcha.

So apparently all of trump’s whining about not being able to defend himself was just like everything else that comes out of his mouth. Lies. Now that he actually has the opportunity to send lawyers to defend himself he chooses not to.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So apparently all of trump’s whining about not being able to defend himself was just like everything else that comes out of his mouth. Lies. Now that he actually has the opportunity to send lawyers to defend himself he chooses not to.
    I suspect his minions in the Senate with do his dirty work quite well. My take on the defense summary is that, among other things, they support the some of the conspiracy theories around Ukraine's corruption and investigations of the Biden's. It sounds like maybe the witness list for both sides will be constitutional legal experts, which will be interesting.

Not having Donald testify under oath is a smart strategic move due to his chronic misrepresentation of the truth. I would think there is as strong a case for obstruction of justice as there could be for bribery.

Thread Information