Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 foods you just cannot stand

Okra
    Black pudding
    Spinach
    squid and similar texture creatures, eg octopus
    Peanut butter

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The only veggies I like are peas and corn. I am a fussy eater so dislike lots of food.
    I don't like peas, so god bless you on that. haha

Sweet corn makes my belly ache. But I like corn tortillas! Does that count? haha

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

Beef is my favorite meat, but it has to be part of a bigger picture.
    I like hamburgers, but only on a soft bun with ketchup, mustard, mayo, bacon, lettuce, toms, onion. Maybe a slice of cheese, I guess. My point is beef burger meat is just a vehicle for condiments to me.

But I will say this: Barbacoa from Chipotle is actually pretty good, though in the past ten years I have gotten maybe 5 times. It is a once in a blue moon food to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Rhubarb. I can't figure out why anyone would eat this. I've tried it as a child and as an adult. It's a mystery.
    I am so with you on the rhubarb critique! Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

a) Peanut butter: a lifelong aversion. One of my most traumatic experiences as a child was when my aunt MADE me finish a peanut butter sandwich on rye.
    What a shame. I tell you this though, that would turn me off from rye bread forever.

I eat PB 5 days a week. It is a bit of a staple, though I usually just eat a spoon's scoop of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Barbecue flavored chips or doritos taste like acid reflux

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

I eat PB 5 days a week. It is a bit of a staple, though I usually just eat a spoon's scoop of it.
    I really wish I liked it. It's pretty healthy, and definitely cheap. I thought that once I liked nuts, I might start liking PB, but no dice. It's just not a flavor I enjoy.

Regarding rhubarb--strawberry rhubarb pie? It's delicious. I remember one of our neighbors grew rhubarb and my friends and I would pull it out of the soil and just chew on it. We liked the tartness of it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Okra
    Black pudding
    Spinach
    squid and similar texture creatures, eg octopus
    Peanut butter
    I like my cephalopods alive--such brilliant, charismatic creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    What a shame. I tell you this though, that would turn me off from rye bread forever.

I love, love good rye bread! I eat bread rarely now, but would make an exception. Must be my German heritage...

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I really wish I liked it. It's pretty healthy, and definitely cheap. I thought that once I liked nuts, I might start liking PB, but no dice. It's just not a flavor I enjoy.

Regarding rhubarb--strawberry rhubarb pie? It's delicious. I remember one of our neighbors grew rhubarb and my friends and I would pull it out of the soil and just chew on it. We liked the tartness of it.
    I tried rhubarb and strawberry pie as an adult. Ate the strawberries, tasted the rhubarb, and pushed the rest of it around my plate. I would have rather eaten the soil, personally.

i actually like rhubarb in desserts, I can't say I actually eat much as it needs to be made into a dessert to taste good, but I would not decline rhubarb pie, tart etc..
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information