Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heck of storm (by C-bus, OH standards)!

Heck of storm (by C-bus, OH standards)!

We're having a heck of storm here in Columbus, Ohio -- by local standards, that is. They let us out of work at lunch today.

I am prepared though -- long johns, an ample supply of sparkling water, and an Indian restaurant within walking distance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    We're having a heck of storm here in Columbus, Ohio -- by local standards, that is. They let us out of work at lunch today.

I am prepared though -- long johns, an ample supply of sparkling water, and an Indian restaurant within walking distance!
    How are the pipes in your place? Any chance they will freeze?

it is cold here, but dry. I bought a better jacket, zipped it up and went on a walk today. Bracing! I dont really mind the cold weather if I dont have to dodge ice.

Is anyone going to be able to get to the Indian restaurant to open it?

dh and I were both home today. Staying here until Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Is anyone going to be able to get to the Indian restaurant to open it?

dh and I were both home today. Staying here until Tuesday!
    I got a meal there, so I know they are open. haha

It was enjoyable to take a walk in the snow (like a mile total) to get my meal. Snowy, quiet, pretty out there.

We dodged the bullet (central Indiana). It went towards you, Ultralight.

We just came through a deep freeze. For about 10 days, I had to let the faucets drip, keep the drapes closed. I had 2 space heaters going, because our geothermal couldn't keep up above 63. Plus, we had to caulk and tape the main door and cover it with a drape, because it was leaking air so badly. It was still letting in so much frigid air, I got a heat lamp from the chicken coop and put it up in the entranceway in front of the door! Yeah.....we're fancy here! Looks like we're in for another couple really cold days, but thankfully not much ice or snow.
    Be safe out there everyone.

Williamsmith
    A half inch of ice now snowing an expected 8 inches or so.....just another day. We just melted off five feet of snow. I felt really bad for the deer and turkeys. They really needed the thaw, now the food sources are gone again. We live near a rather historically important stream that flooded several towns today because of ice jams. Luckily, the ice jams broke up and the water is down. It’s winter folks. There is beauty out there if you look. That reminds me, where is my camera?

started snow here about 15 minutes ago.

When we left for work this morning, we had our bags packed.

I have an s-shaped concrete driveway that is very steep.

May not be going back up for a couple of days and my days of climbing the hill are over.

Probably not much snow but very low temps will make sure the roads are bad for a few days.

CathyA and Ultralight,

When it is colder than -10F I usually have a stream running in a basement laundry sink... about the diameter of a pencil. This was recommended by my water utility to prevent pipes from freezing.

The accumulation of snow thus far this winter is about 2 feet here in the Northern Highlands of Wisconsin. I am about to go XC skiing on a traditionally groomed trail in the forest. I like to stop at the top of any hills to listen to the wind (if any) in the red pines.
    I love the smell of snow

I took the attached picture standing on my deck about 10:30 this morning. 22F, calm.
    000_0213 (2).jpg

We were told to expect 1/2" and we got 6" and 0 degrees. 3 days home. By Friday should be upper 50's.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Beautiful picture, Dado!

Thread Information