Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goals for 2022?

Sunday morning, I listed about 15 books that I have stacked up or in my book case that I had bought or were given to me and I haven't read. I plan to use the list as a springboard to get me back into reading again. Also - pay off a credit card. Last debt other than our mortgage.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I made the recipe and it was really good! DH was very impressed, because the only hot meal I've ever produced before was ramen noodle soup (admittedly, I had the bar set pretty low). I'm going to post the recipe on the "What's for Dinner?" thread.

I hope we all can accomplish most on our lists for 2022!
    I try to set a goal each year of biking miles. It’s my little gold star for myself.
    My by far biggest ever change I am attempting to make however and it is a major flaw in myself, so I know it will be hard but worth it. I am working on saying NO, not making myself a doormat, and biggest flaw feeling,,,,, like I have an Obligation to fulfill to everyone. I have spent a great deal of time thinking why this is me, when it happened in my life and has my feeling of obligation ever make me happy in the end.
    It will be very hard, but I have made small steps!

BikingLady: That sounds like a true challenge and I wish you good luck! Much harder than cooking dinner!

We did the virtual yoga class last night. DH and I were here and Sis was at her house, and we were all connected via Zoom. I actually liked it better than the in-person class I attended briefly a few years ago, and I really liked doing it from the comfort of my own home. I preferred this instructor's approach and of course, the fact that it was free was very nice. An in-person class would really just have the added benefit of the ability to make social connections, which is something this introvert should work on.

With the botanical line drawing book, I drew a leaf! It didn't come out very good, but hey, it's a start. I think "I drew a leaf" is probably the lamest declaration of accomplishment ever unless one is a quadriplegic learning to draw with a pencil in one's teeth, which thankfully, I am not, but I think this will actually prod me to do more with this, so that I can make some less lame declarations in the future!

Drawing a leaf is marvelous!!

I'm going back to what I started last year. There is a 2 hr dead spot in my day (mostly in winter and spring yucky months) that can easily become an internet or TV suck hole if I allow. I make an appointment with myself to go back into my studio and draw, paint or write for that block of time. This year I'll even throw in reading a novel for credit. I consider it my brain work out.

Excellent idea, simplemind. Good luck with it. And thanks for the suggestion - as I think about it, my job being what it is, I'm actually looking for some audio Spanish lessons to play while working.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I'm going back to what I started last year. There is a 2 hr dead spot in my day (mostly in winter and spring yucky months) that can easily become an internet or TV suck hole if I allow. I make an appointment with myself to go back into my studio and draw, paint or write for that block of time. This year I'll even throw in reading a novel for credit. I consider it my brain work out.
    I agree that I have that sinkhole time, and by that time, I've usually put in about 6-8 hours of brainpower. Even creation can be a brain drain. So, I love your idea, and I would aspire to do the same thing, but the idea of more thinking makes creation feel like work to me.

What can I do in a "creative space" during my dead zone that is more likely to free me from the shackles of my mind rather than demand more of it? Or how can I do it?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I agree that I have that sinkhole time, and by that time, I've usually put in about 6-8 hours of brainpower. Even creation can be a brain drain. So, I love your idea, and I would aspire to do the same thing, but the idea of more thinking makes creation feel like work to me.

What can I do in a "creative space" during my dead zone that is more likely to free me from the shackles of my mind rather than demand more of it? Or how can I do it?
    Don't laugh, but I use jigsaw puzzles for this. When I am working on one, my mind is shackle-free. I just relax and look for pieces. (Not sure if this is what you exactly mean or not.)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Don't laugh, but I use jigsaw puzzles for this. When I am working on one, my mind is shackle-free. I just relax and look for pieces. (Not sure if this is what you exactly mean or not.)
    That is what I mean, but I HATE jigsaw puzzles. That would definitely be work for me!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information