Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Downton Abbey Junkies out there

Mrs. Danvers!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlaurel View Post
    We just watched last Thursday's Colbert Report that we had recorded....
    A silly skit of Downton Abbey meets Breaking Bad:

Click the top video
    WARNING - THERE ARE CURSE WORDS
    http://splitsider.com/2012/12/late-n...-martin-short/
    That is a scream!!!! How'd they get those English guys to do this?! Making black crank in the tea service, it's priceless! I love Breaking Bad, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    That is a scream!!!! How'd they get those English guys to do this?! Making black crank in the tea service, it's priceless! I love Breaking Bad, too.
    My fave was in the desert drug pick up.... "Carson is there someone addressing me?"

When it came on I was thinking 'Oh, This will be cute', then once I realized it was the actual actors from Downton Abbey doing the skit... it was as if I was seeing The Beatles on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlaurel View Post
    My fave was in the desert drug pick up.... "Carson is there someone addressing me?"

When it came on I was thinking 'Oh, This will be cute', then once I realized it was the actual actors from Downton Abbey doing the skit... it was as if I was seeing The Beatles on TV.
    oh yes the calling card, haha super funny! And Thomas, in character, blaming the valet for the recipe leak!

Is anyone else having a hard time avoiding all the Spoilers being published in US press about what's going to happen during the upcoming season of Downton Abbey? I can understand international and British press spewing such spoilers, but why is this stuff showing up on our local news channel website?!?

Love Downton Abbey! As I've read in other posts...yes the plot meanders but it's good clean fun!

Of course it's clean, it is so delightfully soapy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
    Of course it's clean, it is so delightfully soapy!
    A High Society British historic period soap opera! One that, while not addicted to it, I have watched a few times - at least the first season - and enjoyed. Saw several of the actors on a TV talk show recently (Anderson Cooper I think) and the women in the audience were holding up "Free Bates" signs and wearing "Free Bates" tee-shirts :-)! And yes, Mary and whats-his-face (Matthew?) have elapsed into boredom. I more liked it when she was a "bad-girl". Lady Mary, in the bedroom, with the Indian Ambassador - just like the Clue game except she kills by sex instead of a wrench :-)!
    Last edited by Spartana; 1-17-13 at 2:27pm.

bUU...I just read my first spoiler and YES, I was quite disappointed and irked to the maximum. But what can ya do except try and avoid all which looks like it has potential to spoil things? In my case, it looked like an innocent fan posting, but then there was some troll who came on and spoiled it all. And he was from the UK. Lesson learned.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Lol....love the soapiness. Love the clothes, time period and especially The Dowager Countess!

I even have a soft spot for Thomas and that horrible lady's maid!

I can understand those that don't want spoilers. I, on the other hand seek them out vigorously!

Thread Information