Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - April 14 - August 29, 2022

Becky, I didn’t realize you had an organizing business. Did you enjoy it?

I'm up to 5.5 hrs spent on the cellar project. I've got a box of pottery for Sis to take to work to rehome, and another box of miscellaneous donations.

I cleaned half the closet floor! Got rid of- well relegated to the goodwill pile- a pair of sandals. The good thing is the floor is clean! It had been sorely neglected. The other half I'd cleaned earlier. I also cleaned out my hair accessories drawer which had a multitude of other things...got rid of stuff, organized and wonder why I think these hair things will make my fine flimsy hair look glamorous! I'm doing 5 minutes at a time that end up being 20 or 30.

Congratulations rosarugosa and nswef on your progress!

I did 2 hours yesterday in preparation to have a friend of my daughter's and her mom over for pizza before we all went to a holiday light show. Deadlines are so helpful!

New total: 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Becky, I didn’t realize you had an organizing business. Did you enjoy it?
    Oh yes! especially when you could see (almost literally) a light bulb go off above the client's head. Most of my clients ended up being women ages 50-75 or so. A lot of them were well-educated and smart, but this one thing had gotten a bit out of hand in their lives. A lot of times, it was due to a crises of some sort - illness, divorce, death in the family. By the time they were able to put their head above water, they looked around and their home was a cluttered and they felt overwhelmed. They would feel so guilty and mad about it! I was able to talk them down and make them understand clutter is not a character flaw - it just happens when you're busy with other things and they are amazing in so many ways.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Becky, you have a healthy perspective on clutter. It can really happen to anyone given the right circumstances.

I'm up to 8 hours, and I've given away several more items as detailed on the December purge thread.

Spent another 1.5 hours in the cellar today. Delivered one of my giveaway items this morning, because the woman could not find my house, and I was not about to pass up the opportunity to rehome something from the cellar cleanout project! Fortunately she lives on the route of one of my local walks.

Good work Rosa. Getting it homed is always a great feeling. I cleaned one shelf in the linen/drug/hair stuff closet. Got rid of several WAY out of date over the counter drugs...kept cough syrup, some stomach stuff and allergy stuff. Much tidier now and I know what we have. I threw out sunscreen that I disliked the smell and feel of. Turns out Dollar General is my favorite, not much scent and no oiliness.

Wow. Rosa and nswef - nice progress.

I've been away visiting family for the holidays, but I don't teach for the next 6 weeks (though I do have other work to do) so am hoping to start another big decluttering push soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thread Information