Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Projects and Adventures for 2017

Projects and Adventures for 2017

During December I've been thinking about some projects I want to do during 2017. Kicking around a lot of things in my head. So far things I am pretty sure about:

*Plant more things to support pollinators--focus on edible ones
    *Do at least one and possibly three different designs for 100 Square Foot Food Challenge Gardens and see how I can do
    *Do more soil improvement for gardens
    *Eat one and preferably four servings of greens a day
    *Implement Stacey Murphy's garden greens strategy
    *Locate one or more farmers who can grow fields of flour corn for me. These are varieties bred by Carol Deppe for various purposes and need to be kept from crossing with my other corn or the farmers's other corns
    *Research and get a flour mill
    *Experiment with Carol Deppe's corns and try new recipes
    *Have more neighbors over for meals
    *Learn to sing and play more songs
    *Do fruit/nut orchard design plans. Improve soil.
    *Brainstorm 10 year bucket list.
    *Draw/make more of my greeting cards this year.

What are you considering?

Re think my daily exercise program
    Change garden designs to make less work for myself
    Stay on track to visit as many bike trails as I can, that is my adventure for 2017

Made a list and am researching various local (or one night stay) things to do in my area. Plan on going at least one time per week in the summer to something that I wouldn't usually do. Was going to take a trip in the summer but decided to do this "staycation" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post

During December I've been thinking about some projects I want to do during 2017. Kicking around a lot of things in my head. So far things I am pretty sure about:

*Plant more things to support pollinators--focus on edible ones
    *Do at least one and possibly three different designs for 100 Square Foot Food Challenge Gardens and see how I can do
    *Do more soil improvement for gardens
    *Eat one and preferably four servings of greens a day
    *Implement Stacey Murphy's garden greens strategy
    *Locate one or more farmers who can grow fields of flour corn for me. These are varieties bred by Carol Deppe for various purposes and need to be kept from crossing with my other corn or the farmers's other corns
    *Research and get a flour mill
    *Experiment with Carol Deppe's corns and try new recipes
    *Have more neighbors over for meals
    *Learn to sing and play more songs
    *Do fruit/nut orchard design plans. Improve soil.
    *Brainstorm 10 year bucket list.
    *Draw/make more of my greeting cards this year.

What are you considering?
    Amaranth, i have lots of garden plans, most to do with growing more greens and setting up a new/old garden space for root vegetables (unused last year) but mostly i wanted to say Three Cheers for Carol Deppe! I especially love The Resilient Gardener.

My big plans for the next year are learning how to use my long arm quilting machine, working on a bunch of charity quilts and my own quilts and becoming proficient enough to do them for pay.

I've promised my husband that I won't pick up night shifts at work, I did that 3 times in 2016 and it takes me several days to fill recover.

I guess that's the closest thing to a new years resolution I've got. I don't do resolutions generally.

My grandson, 14, and I have decided we are going to go on regular day hikes this year. He is on the autism spectrum and lives in a rural town with not too many programs for guys like him. Also, his parents don't really do much with him; it's usually up to me. He is really physically fit and has lots of energy, enjoys talking about nature and geologic formations, so living up here we have lots to appreciate!

Since we both love the outdoors, we are going to make the time to do this. He loves putting something on a schedule to look forward to. And it will be good for me, too.

So my next goal is to get out my local trail books and make a list of hikes for us to do.

I like the question posed on this thread. I don't like to make resolutions, but I do like to state intentions. One thing I'd like to do is spend less time watching mindless tv. I started a project of doing embroidery at least for 15 min. a day and I listen to podcasts while I'm stitching. I want to keep that up.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

We have moved to Colorado so everything is new and an adventure of sorts. Even snow is an entirely new experience for us!!
    Anyway, once the tenant is out of the house we bought, we will finally be able to set up house and garden. Projects will be updating the house a bit, figuring out how best to garden here and scouting thrift stores/craigslist for furniture since we are starting from scratch with many items. Thrifting is huge here so lots of places to check. Adventures later in the summer and fall will be exploring all the beautiful places there are to see in the west. I have started a list of all the destinations and journeys we might consider with the first being a visit to my brother on the other side of the continental divide. I just want to enjoy every day whatever it brings.

Nice, Pinkytoe! Welcome to the West!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Politics has helped me cut down on TV watching. I used to be a news junkie; no more.

My intention is to continue in the direction I'm headed, read more books from the library or otherwise on my Kindle app, and keep the faith that everything will turn out just as it should. Not as easy as it used to be.

Thread Information