Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Container ship traffic jam off LA

Container ship traffic jam off LA

Not sure if you’ve heard anything about this or seen short inventory at local stores.

Watch the video in the article from the CG. Shows how bad the jam off LA is. There are 190,000 semi trucks worth of cargo in those ships.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/ne...ip-traffic-jam

Lots of other good articles on the same website.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/gl...ami-of-freight

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Not sure if you’ve heard anything about this or seen short inventory at local stores.

Watch the video in the article from the CG. Shows how bad the jam off LA is. There are 190,000 semi trucks worth of cargo in those ships.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/ne...ip-traffic-jam

Lots of other good articles on the same website.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/gl...ami-of-freight
    I am shopping for household items for my condo and so many are out of stock temporarily. The current thing is this mornings ceiling fan which is likely made in China since that kind of stuff is typically Chyna made.

I’m going to order a stove later but I think that one is made in Canada so I’m less worried about it coming of course none of the stuff really has to be here until next fall. I’m extremely lucky in that regard.

Interesting to read this info. The Just-in-Time deliveries are having major problems with disruptions and the factories shipping goods out will shut down in a short time as well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Part of this is due to hundreds of dock workers out due to covid and part due to being eCommerce driven.

China medical goods and consumer goods factories are NOT shutting down for the next couple of weeks for the Chinese New Year holiday which started yesterday. They’re going to keep working which NEVER happens.

If you can get stuff from Canada or Europe, go for it!

We ordered a refrigerator in October, knowing it would take months. Still not here, but we are on the list. It's a special size- not a special refrigerator.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    We ordered a refrigerator in October, knowing it would take months. Still not here, but we are on the list. It's a special size- not a special refrigerator.
    My apartment size refrigerator ordered from Lowe’s was only delayed twice. I think it took 5 or 6 weeks to get here, not bad.

Maybe I got lucky, or maybe it was the specs that made a difference for me. Around 6 months ago my parents and a niece both moved. It was about three weeks before my boss passed. My mom looked high and low at refrigerators and washer and dryers. The washer and dryer took about two weeks, while the refrigerator, took longer then they told her (by about two weeks).
    After getting the roommates out, I ordered a new washer and dryer (my old dryer is dying again, and the washer is around 20-25 years old now). I looked at Lowe's, Home Depot and Costco, first (traditionally, Sears would have been a place the family shopped for these as well). Ordered from Costco on a Tuesday, with Saturday delivery listed, figured that it would go to the store and then they would call to schedule delivery, nope, free delivery and installation on Saturday. I prefer more simple, no bells and whistle appliances and I believe that made a difference.

Tradd, do any of your shipments come through the sues canal? Sounds like a big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Tradd, do any of your shipments come through the sues canal? Sounds like a big mess.
    Not that I’m aware of. Yes, it is a big mess.

Thread Information