Thread: Have you safely stored a list of your digital contacts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't laugh, but I have info for all my contacts written down in a little book, just like people did in the olden days.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Don't laugh, but I have info for all my contacts written down in a little book, just like people did in the olden days.
    And here I was just thinking boy I really need to sit down with my electronic contacts file and add tons of stuff to it.

I still keep the hardcopy address book around and will probably have it until I die. But I don’t know what it really accomplishes most of the time.

Our little neighborhood is undergoing fierce debate at the board level to get rid of our printed neighborhood directory. It lists someone’s name, their address, their phone number. Because it is a self reporting tool, much of it is outdated or in accurate. New people to the neighborhood, those under the age of 40, don’t understand why it exists. The people who have been around for decades clutch it as a lifeline.

I myself pick it up about every other week, but more than half the time what I want to know is not contained there. So many landlines have been cut! Plus no one has bothered to review it in years so it’s contains information about our neighborhood as a whole that is not accurate.

Thread Information