Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: voter suppression

Trump has made numerous baseless claims that Philadelphia would have ‘bad things’ happen with the vote counting. He told everyone we needed to ‘watch Philadelphia’. Philadelphia is now letting everyone watch. The whole world can supervise them via a YouTube livestream.

I guess it’s a sign of the times. One party has A major city stronghold live streaming the vote counting, and the other party is suing in multiple jurisdictions to try to disenfranchise as many voters as they can. Seems pretty clear which one believes in America more.

Agreee, jp1

Finally. The vote fraud has been found.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...81871fb9d446cd

Frankly, I think the issue of whether signatures “really truly match “is worthy of discussion. That’s one of the things that worries me about vote by mail.

I've never had to do anything other than sign the roll book when I've voted in person.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I've never had to do anything other than sign the roll book when I've voted in person.
    Isn't there a copy of your signature in the roll book next to the spot where you sign on election day? That's how signatures are compared in Ohio when voting in person.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Isn't there a copy of your signature in the roll book next to the spot where you sign on election day? That's how signatures are compared in Ohio when voting in person.
    Yes. And when I do mail in voting they compare the signature on the outer envelope to the voter roll as well. No difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Yes. And when I do mail in voting they compare the signature on the outer envelope to the voter roll as well. No difference between the two.
    That's what they do in my county. As I mentioned elsewhere, I had my vote bounced by the County Elections Folks in an earlier election this year, as my signature didn't match. I had an arm injury that changed my signature enough that it didn't look similar enough.

Elections Folks contacted me to sort it out, so that my ballot was properly handled.

Easy Peasey.

I've never signed anything when voting in person at the polls. I tell them my address, then tell them my name, and they check me off and give me a ballot. The process is repeated after I vote.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I've never signed anything when voting in person at the polls. I tell them my address, then tell them my name, and they check me off and give me a ballot. The process is repeated after I vote.
    How do they know it's you and not some random person walking in and saying "Hi, I'm Rosa! I live at 123 Main St."

Thread Information