Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Not Been Vaccinated?

Seriously bad reactions to a rushed vaccine? Hyped by the media?

I am shocked! Shocked I tell you. (Not)

If they were going to stick the J and J in my arm today I would probably take it.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    That's right. It's an insanely low risk. However, I read in the NJ online paper that I still get that a man got the J&J vaccine on March 12, was diagnosed with COVID April 1, and he is now in the hospital in critical condition. Again--this is n=1, but still...
    But it isnt going ro be 100% effective.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But it isnt going ro be 100% effective.
    True. Although one will need several decimal places. I’ll take 99.999999% or whatever the actual number is.

Yppej
    A customer at work was saying today his mother got the vaccine and afterwards tested positive for covid, so why should he get a vaccine?

Two people I work with got the J&J this past week and both were sick enough to miss work.

If I never get the vaccine it will not bother me. If I could get exempted from wearing a mask I would be a lot more motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    True. Although one will need several decimal places. I’ll take 99.999999% or whatever the actual number is.
    Pfizer = 95% effectiveness
    Moderna = 86% effectiveness
    J&J = 72% effectiveness

No one should be surprised by a lack of 100% effectiveness in any of the vaccines but I find them all effective enough to warrant their usage. (Glad I got the Pfizer though)
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It’s interesting how poorly so many of us assess risk. There is a much greater probability of blood clots for users of birth control pills or any number of other drugs people use routinely, but people accept that risk in exchange for the benefits. But here and in Europe we seem especially worried about vaccine risks when there are so many other more significant threats. Even though we may be twice as likely to be struck by lightning than be affected by a vaccine that provides a very good chance of preventing a potentially deadly virus from getting a foothold in our system.

Perspective on the blood clot concern.

clots.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Pfizer = 95% effectiveness
    Moderna = 86% effectiveness
    J&J = 72% effectiveness

No one should be surprised by a lack of 100% effectiveness in any of the vaccines but I find them all effective enough to warrant their usage. (Glad I got the Pfizer though)
    Indeed. Although the numbers for preventing serious illness are considerably better then even the already good numbers for preventing infection.

It’s interesting how poorly so many of us assess risk. There is a much greater probability of blood clots for users of birth control pills or any number of other drugs people use routinely, but people accept that risk in exchange for the benefits.
    well to be truthful much of the whining about the dangers of vaccine is probably coming from men who have probably given 1 seconds thought to birth control in their entire life. Ack a risk exists! WAH!!!!!! Risk of pregnancy is greater than risk of birth control too
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It’s interesting how poorly so many of us assess risk. There is a much greater probability of blood clots for users of birth control pills or any number of other drugs people use routinely, but people accept that risk in exchange for the benefits. But here and in Europe we seem especially worried about vaccine risks when there are so many other more significant threats. Even though we may be twice as likely to be struck by lightning than be affected by a vaccine that provides a very good chance of preventing a potentially deadly virus from getting a foothold in our system.
    It's not the many/masses though who decided to pull the vaccine, it is a small group of policy makers.

There are those of us who are reluctant to take any medication. I was on the pill no more than a year at a time, maybe three times max, and was definitely concerned about the hormones in it accumulating in my body and being passed on to a child in utero. When I wanted to have a baby I used another method for 6 months to try to flush as many of those hormones out of my body as possible. Hormones are having an increasing effect on children, with lowered ages of puberty among other things.

The miniscule risk is miniscule ... unless you are one of the unlucky ones who gets the blood clot in your brain. Then it's not a miniscule matter at all.

Thread Information