Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I went to the range yesterday to try out a new .45 cal I got for my birthday. With the hangun I can hit a smart phone pretty much every time at 15yds. At 25 yds I can hit the person holding the smartphone pretty much every time. With a rifle the yardages go to 100 to hit the phone and 200 to hit the holder.

i need to start practicing. But my vision is just not as good as it use to be.

you never know when a mob of SJW might attack with their smartphones. And since they now make a gun that is shaped like a phone you have to assume they are armed.
    But you're gonna have to take out way more than one phone if you've got a mob of SJW's coming after you. Otherwise you've still got a mob minus one of video of you shooting their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    He's thinking more "revolutionary war", less "escalated riot:
    I guess all I can say to him is good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But you're gonna have to take out way more than one phone if you've got a mob of SJW's coming after you. Otherwise you've still got a mob minus one of video of you shooting their phones.
    Well, as I think I've mentioned previously, after my Hazmat Operations/Technician training, my eyes have been opened as to the possibilities for being grumpy that are available in our highly technological society... Firearms are handy for immediate defense of self and others, but if you're going to be serious, think a bit more broadly...

I guess all I can say to him is good luck with that.
    He might want to think a bit on what a "revolutionary war" would look like in a society like ours, where there aren't convenient dividing lines. It would make Sarajevo look like a summer lawn party. Who wants that?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    An iPhone 7 is 5.44" x 2.64". You ought to be able to hit it out to ~264 yards with a simple MOA-capable rifle/cartridge combination. Probably twice that if you have a high precision instrument and good wind-reading skills, or if you are content to hit it in the longer dimension, assuming the hand holding it makes up for the narrow dimension.

More practice!
    i had a custom .243 bolt action varmit rifle that was MOA or less, but I gave it to my son. I was at the range with my evil black AR-15 and it's just not that accurate, or I need more practice. Probably both.

Im betting the mob would lose interest pretty fast if they were being shot at. And where I live we get along well with the police, I'm sure they would show up promptly to quell any unrest from a mob of SJW.

The locals here are more concerned with the dress code at the club than anything else. Someone actually had the gall to where shorts after 5:00 for dinner. He may have to move.

I was at the range with my evil black AR-15 and it's just not that accurate, or I need more practice. Probably both.
    I think mil-spec for a that rifle is 4MOA with boring standard-issue ammunition. You have to do a wee bit of (fairly simple) tinkering with it and use higher quality ammunition to get it down to 1MOA, but it's easily doable. Some of the civilian vendors will sell you one warranted to 1MOA or better, with ammunition they specify.

By contrast, I have a bolt-action M1903 Springfield from WWI that handily shoots < 1 MAO with match-grade ammo. I bought it, and the ammunition, from the Army's Department of Civilian Marksmanship years and years ago. And talk about a bayonet, yowza - it's almost as big as my M1917 naval cutlass....

SJWs is the topic here folks...

So I feel like I now occupy a certain political space, that which Sam Harris calls "The New Center." This is sort of like liberals who support free speech and civil & open societies.

But don't we need to prepare for the SJW uprising?

But don't we need to prepare for the SJW uprising?

Thread Information