Page 151 of 422 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Yppej
    Steve, I would think native born American front desk clerks would know this. We called the hotel we are staying at and another one in the same city same chain and neither clerk even knew what HBO is.

Questions about my painters. I fully think the owner is honest sand good, 5 star rating. The yahoos he hired were the issue no primer used or patching, but no one checked on the end result. SO I am out the deposit of over $500 and I bought the paint for the garage doors.

This is just a tiny thing compared to bigger issues, but a peeve can be just that. It just gets under my skin when checking out at a store or going through a drive-thru and the cashier, usually young, says "thankshaveagoodday" all in one breath as he/she turns away. I want to say, "if you don't mean it, just don't say it.". But of course I don't. I know they are probably trained to wish the customer a good day, but said like that gives it no meaning whatsoever. A simple "thanks" would be better, in my opinion, than this insincere quickly mumbled platitude. I just experienced it again this morning, so freshly on my mind.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    This is just a tiny thing compared to bigger issues, but a peeve can be just that. It just gets under my skin when checking out at a store or going through a drive-thru and the cashier, usually young, says "thankshaveagoodday" all in one breath as he/she turns away. I want to say, "if you don't mean it, just don't say it.". But of course I don't. I know they are probably trained to wish the customer a good day, but said like that gives it no meaning whatsoever. A simple "thanks" would be better, in my opinion, than this insincere quickly mumbled platitude. I just experienced it again this morning, so freshly on my mind.
    I prefer that instead of dear, honey, sweetie.

I prefer that instead of dear, honey, sweetie.

I honestly was never called those until we were in TN. I know that is a friendly way of speaking, but I hated it. Guess us Northerners are not that friendly.

Wait Sadceyedclady, you meant they actually said "thank you"?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Steve, I would think native born American front desk clerks would know this.
    I actually would, too, but, frankly, so many people live in their own bubble that it does not surprise me much.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

The pop-ups when I go to a new internet site. I barely get the page open and the background fades while a pop-up takes over asking me if I want to register for this site, or if I'll take a survey for the site? No, mainly because I haven't even finished reading the main page. Geez.

Lainey.......I'm running into that too. In fact, today I was trying to find out what natural stuff I could use to clean my kitchen floor with and the pop-ups came up on several sites and I wasn't even allowed to read further, unless I gave my email address. Forget it!

Yppej
    People who can't drive, causing accidents during rush hours. It took me an hour and a half to get to work today and two hours to get home.

Thread Information