Page 147 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

In the grand scheme of things this is not a big deal but it is annoying.

My plant society that is dying has a person, no make that two or three people, who seem to be obsessed with physical objects. One of them rounded up the old "library" of books about our plants. The library was in the hands of someone who quit our group years ago and she had been trying to get someone to come and take it. So, the savior of the library is so pleased with herself and is now presenting it as a problem I have to solve, what do we do with the library? I told her you – –you! -- May do whatever you like with it. We brainstormed a couple of ideas but her desire that it be preserved and handed off to an entity in entirety is utterly unrealistic. The " library" is just a bunch of society quarterlies and a handful of books, it is not an important collection.

Then there are the carvings. Someone, long dead, liked to carve and gave away several carvings of our flower. Now those carvings are ending up in my house. There is another one
    I am expected to drive across town to fetch. At least these may have a chance of disappearing at the auction of our convention.

There are other mundane things we spend ridiculous amounts of time talking about. Ugh. Our organization will be disbanded by December 1, I keep telling me self only 7 more months.

You have become the "somebody" or "someone" that needs to do this thing, or fix the problem and on and one. I am seeing it more and more all around me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    You have become the "somebody" or "someone" that needs to do this thing, or fix the problem and on and one. I am seeing it more and more all around me.
    It is annoying for sure. But then it dawns on me--these people are actually incapable of dealing with the "stuff " which is why we have so much of it. So I guess I am happy that I am whole, hardy, and capable of making things happen.

We have not lately been graced with the presence of the person who vaguely promises to present ideas of saving our plant society. I told her last summer that we would need to have a concrete plan from her for the Board to consider by November 2016. Didn't happen. I am quite certain that should she reappear she will share with us all of her sadz about disbanding our organization and plead "can't something be done???!!!" Meanwhile some of us have actually been doing some things.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    One of them rounded up the old "library" of books about our plants. The library was in the hands of someone who quit our group years ago and she had been trying to get someone to come and take it. So, the savior of the library is so pleased with herself and is now presenting it as a problem I have to solve, what do we do with the library? I told her you – –you! -- May do whatever you like with it.
    Did you add the word librarian at the end of that sentence?

Yppej
    Every few months this same man, young enough to be my son, tries to hit on me and any other woman he sees in the grocery store. He is not there on a regular basis. His line is always, "I like your hair." He has struck me as somewhat developmentally disabled so I have just tried to ignore him but today he snuck up behind me when I was in the checkout line and when I did not respond mumbled, "Bitch" at me then quickly walked away. This creeped me out.

My pet peeve lately: My office is probably 80% Millennials. I do like them..very much for the most part. But they have a very annoying habit---every one of them---of starting all their conversations with, "So... blah, blah, blah." It's almost as annoying as the ubiquitous "like." It seems like a prelude to every sentence or thought, as if they need that crutch to begin to articulate their thought. Or they're just being cool. I dunno.

Do people do that in your worlds?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    No, but the younger workers say "balls" whenever they are frustrated.

Ticks, ugg they are bad and it is so early.

There is a deer in our city park one block away from my house.

I swear, if this creature eats my lilies, this year of the national lily conventin here, I will--I dont know. might as well get a place in the country then, or in suburbia on the edge and have 1plus acres on one parcel. The ONE thing I am safe from here is deer. I put up with gunshots and car cloutings and other crime from the two legged variety of criminal in order to be free of the big 4 legged variety.

Deer, I hear you. Few neighbors feed them here, I tell these kind hearted people that they are feeding someones dinner come fall. And this keeps the herd in our neighborhood to graze on my gardens!

Thread Information