Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Becoming authentic

I used to make lunches the night before but put the condiments separate so as not to make the sandwich soggy. Another thing I did to save time was only grocery shop once every 2 weeks. Then I only needed to grab fruit, milk etc as needed. I also kept some easy meals on hand for when I was tired.

I did all those things - even the laundry although it is still in the dryer.

i even remembered my lunch.

it was a little bit hard. I am tired.and now it is bedtime.

i am working on my evenings. So moving work from morning to evening would be the opposite of helpful.

I had a fantastic day at work today. I learned a new skill and I made a breakthrough with a kid. Nothing broke in the kiln. And I found my cellphone, which I lost on Tuesday (it's an 11 y.o. Flip phone, so it was really about figuring out where I put it down. Nobody is going to walk off with it.)

still tired, still struggling with daily life, but I hit a high note. And I saw it when it happened. I was pushing the kid to try something and thinking "this could go well, or really badly, and you cannot, cannot, let her know you have any doubts about which it is going to be." And then all of a sudden, she cooperated, and it went really well! So next time will be easier, because she trusts me more now. I actually considered doing a cartwheel in the hall after school, but then I remembered I am almost 50 and have not done cartwheels in years.

laundry is slipping and the house needs to be cleaned and I haven't really spent time on my pottery goals this week. But right now, I feel good about where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I had a fantastic day at work today. I learned a new skill and I made a breakthrough with a kid. Nothing broke in the kiln. And I found my cellphone, which I lost on Tuesday (it's an 11 y.o. Flip phone, so it was really about figuring out where I put it down. Nobody is going to walk off with it.)

still tired, still struggling with daily life, but I hit a high note. And I saw it when it happened. I was pushing the kid to try something and thinking "this could go well, or really badly, and you cannot, cannot, let her know you have any doubts about which it is going to be." And then all of a sudden, she cooperated, and it went really well! So next time will be easier, because she trusts me more now. I actually considered doing a cartwheel in the hall after school, but then I remembered I am almost 50 and have not done cartwheels in years.

laundry is slipping and the house needs to be cleaned and I haven't really spent time on my pottery goals this week. But right now, I feel good about where I am.
    Aww, that is great!

CL Take the joy of breaking through-what happened with the child today will keep benefiting you for the rest of the year!
    Congratulations!

CL, totally hear you. I am glad the weather is changing, I am easily able to go 2 weeks without laundry. Not my favorite underwear by then but with a few handwash items I could go 3 weeks in the fall and winter season. I am hiking all day tomorrow and have one thing on Sunday, plus I get home at the earliest 6:30 and the laundry room closes by 9. Not ideal to do laundry here,

Long day here at camp, but making baby step progress on the paperwork part. It is harder when there is a program running with the kids to focus, and I didn't care about the sugar thing and ate a chocolate doughnut from the teacher's meeting.

Yesterday I relaxed. I did not do any of the things I need to do, or any of the things I "should" do, I just spent time with dh, helped put knobs on the cabinets, read, made dinner, and did some laundry and mending. I enjoyed sitting by the windows in my new space and soaking up fresh air and sunlight.

we have wild turkeys who come through the yard every morning. Many days I don't see them because I am getting ready or have left for work when they come through, but on weekends I enjoy watching them pick through my yard for food.

i have been thinking about my evenings. Now that it is getting dark earlier, I am done with chores before 8. That will keep shifting earlier as we move into winter, and leaves me useful time before bed, but once the sun goes down, I have a lot less energy. I need to make a list of quiet sitting things I can do in the evenings to keep myself from frittering that time away on the iPad. It is good time for small housework like cleaning up dishes and putting away laundry, but dh tends to sit in one place in the evenings and I like to be near him. Mending, knitting, reading, simple paperwork for school. Those are a good start.

I shoot for 8 o clock "shut off" meaning it should be the end of the working day--sometimes I am successful, sometimes not. It's easier in the winter, when there's less sun. I like to read or do something fun then like knitting, but no household chores or work after that.

Again, not always successful, but that's what I strive for.

Well, my mind tends to shut off by then, and large motor activity keeps me awake. So, small, mindless tasks like folding laundry or stapling handouts are good. Anything that creates order in my house increases my sense of peace and comfort, so those are good evening things too. Things that create mess and disorder (like lesson planning or a large craft project) are bad.

This has been an extremely difficult week. Dh is out of town for work, and while he has been really good about calling and sending me ims, my anxiety level has been very high. I will be glad to have him home tomorrow night.

i have not been managing well, but I have been managing. Progress in some areas and limited backsliding.

he says the break in his routine has him rethinking his life, so maybe we will do some planning and evaluating together when he gets home.

Thread Information