Page 68 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT to vote Republican

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And I’m sad that a group of hypothetically rational people don’t see the threat that maga poses to this country. If it continues without anyone holding them to account we’ll not just be a poorer nation but we won’t be a nation at all.
    As one who declines the invitation to panic over the newly branded “MAGA” threat, I would like to point out all the prosecutions of the capital rioters, the rejection of the attempt to reinterpret the 12th Amendment, the numerous unsuccessful lawsuits looking to change election results and the raid on Trumps property in Florida. Somebody seems to be holding somebody accountable. If there is a vast right wing conspiracy, they certainly aren’t very effective.

In recent days, I’ve seen “MAGA” used to refer to Trump and his followers, various fringe nutcases, the pro-life movement and Wall Street. Democrats are promoting this new brand to the point of providing tens of millions of dollars to MAGA candidates. Does that sound like people genuinely concerned about a deadly threat?

We’ve become a nation of drama queens. At least in the chattering spaces of media.

It seems to routinely come up that, in spite of multiple investigations, they really cannot prove Trump of illegal activities (yet). I have wondered whether us common folk without access to an army of expensive lawyers would even come close to being so lucky in a similar situation. He and his legal team are masters of evasion through delays, appeals, and technicalities available only to the elite of position or wealth. I think the blind hand of justice is a myth for many of us relative to the upper crust. There are legal issues, then there are moral or ethical violations that are not as clearly defined and which seem acceptable to his base.

I’ll believe that people are being held to account when we start seeing the people who planned a multi-pronged plot to overturn the election get indicted. So far only traitorous little foot soldiers have been held accountable. The big leaders, including multiple traitorous senators who attempted to get fraudulent slates of electors from their states into the electoral college, have so far not suffered any consequences for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’ll believe that people are being held to account when we start seeing the people who planned a multi-pronged plot to overturn the election get indicted. So far only traitorous little foot soldiers have been held accountable. The big leaders, including multiple traitorous senators who attempted to get fraudulent slates of electors from their states into the electoral college, have so far not suffered any consequences for their actions.
    How far back are you willing to go in your desired purge and prosecution of members of congress? 2016? 2012? 2008? 2004? 2000? or even further? I think you'll find some degree of shenanigans involving elector certifications during just about every national election. Maybe you'd have to limit your desired prosecutions and guaranteed convictions to those folks who are still alive?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    How far back are you willing to go in your desired purge and prosecution of members of congress? 2016? 2012? 2008? 2004? 2000? or even further? I think you'll find some degree of shenanigans involving elector certifications during just about every national election. Maybe you'd have to limit your desired prosecutions and guaranteed convictions to those folks who are still alive?
    Point me to any other election in our lifetime where even a fraction of the members of congress attempted to thwart the electoral vote count. Literally half the Republican caucus did so this time around. I’m also curious about the other times when senators attempted to bring spayed of BS fake electors into the process. Or a time when a president who lost called state attorneys general and ordered them to ‘find me 11,800 votes’. Or when a failed sad sack sore loser president filed anywhere close to 60 BS lawsuits claiming fictitious voter fraud. Bonus points if you can point me to where all of the above happened in one single presidential election.

He recently filed--it was just thrown out--a case accusing Hillary Clinton of interfering with the election she lost. I forget the particulars, but he is a pathetic little man.

In a roundabout way I hope the more egregious politicians in America are accelerating a process of decay that is helping to create fertile soils for the next era of civilization, one that places less importance on capitalism and more on the coexistence of humanity and nature. It would be a shame if precious life billions of years in the making was snuffed out within a few hundred or thousand years because of an apex life form with god-like powers but lacking god-like wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    In a roundabout way I hope the more egregious politicians in America are accelerating a process of decay that is helping to create fertile soils for the next era of civilization, one that places less importance on capitalism and more on the coexistence of humanity and nature. It would be a shame if precious life billions of years in the making was snuffed out within a few hundred or thousand years because of an apex life form with god-like powers but lacking god-like wisdom.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Well said.
    Agreed
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Just shy of my lifetime ... The Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party lost out to electors picked in rigged, racist Democratic Party primaries. Four years before that voter fraud in Illinois helped Kennedy win the presidency.

JP, depending how old you are you could start there, with your beloved Democrats.

Thread Information