Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
I am suggesting that if someone bothers you, that you simply not engage with them. Why is that hard to understand? If someone posts, and you already know that you don't agree with that person's world view, just ignore the post. And go about your own business, posting whatever you feel like posting about. Isn't that how online sites are set up?

No it isn't. A moderator/administrator, while you may be able to use the ignore function between the ears, if they ask a question and your ignoring them, has the power to ban or cause you to be unable to post, as well as the ability to edit your posts. When they go threatening to do such, for you and them disagreeing, it is time to step down.

I was on one board where the the founder of the board, resigned when the designer of the equipment the board was about, started banning due to people (including myself) quoting their posts about when this or that product would be available. People were making financial decisions based on those posts and that poster was stringing them along. That board is mostly silent now, with every once in a while that supplier wants to have a what do you want next discussion, which brings back the old posts.
It is a kind of Napoleon complex.