Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching 2018?

Tulip Mania which was a bit better than the critics said it was. The acting from lead character was poor and
    I am not a fan of hers anyway. But the supporting actor and actress were really great.

Williamsmith
    “Adrift”, The true story of Tami Oldham who sailed into Hurricane Raymond with her boyfriend, he was killed and she was lost at sea adrift for forty plus days. When you accompany someone to a movie and you walk out silent not quite knowing what to say to each other about your reaction to a movie....then you know there’s more to it than just a brief intermission in your life. I think there is an award to be handed out here for the acting and the screenplay but when you are watching it....it doesn’t overpower you. It just kind of slowly wins you over until the finale......Tom Waits “I Hope That I Don’t Fall In Love With You.”

This past weekend I watched Hereditary.

I did not like it. The cast was horrible, the plot was ridiculous. I do not recommend.

I also saw the new It. I thought it was good. It gave me a very strong feeling, like the book did. That feeling being the powerful urge to attack Pennywise; it made me feel deep rage.
    It strays from the book in some big ways, but still, it was a darned sight better than Hereditary!

"Solo"
    I liked the movie, but it was hard to get past the young Han Solo looking nothing like Harrison Ford. Still, good fun.

In the Star Trek sequels, Chris Pine is totally believable as an alternative Captain Kirk.

I watched the National Geographic film, "Jane" about Jane Goodall last night.

Really good. Even though I know her story, and have read her books, it was fun watching all the footage. Fascinating, how brave she was to have done that. I can understand how spending so much time with the chimps, and among the wildlife in Africa in general, could change your perspective of humanity completely.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I am trying to find films worth seeing on the big screen, no luck. I am looking forward to Leave No Trace but it is not here yet.

Nick Offerman has a film out (title?) and we will probably go see it be auss he is funny. I think it is risky to place him center stage as main character, can he carry a two hour film? But I guarantee it wont be any worse than most of the junk out there.

i just watched Clouds of Sils Maria with K Stew and Juliette
    Binoche, streamed. What a pretentious load of crap.

"Tag" based on the true story of the group of guys who continue to play the game of tag with each other for 23+ years.
    Unfortunately, the dialogue in the movie is filled with every single character cursing as a plot device. M..F this, and S..My.. that. Sheesh. And somehow miscarriage is used as a sick joke..?! What could have been a fun movie was apparently written by some frat boys.

Its finally on Netflix A documentary about the biggest municipal embezzlement in US history All the Queen's Horses . Rita Crundwell syphoned off over 54 millions dollars from the City of Dixon Illinois over a 20 year period to fund a very lavish over the top lifestyle ( is a diamond encrusted SpongeBob SquarePants pendant considered over the top )

Leave No Trace is out in theaters right now.

I liked it a lot.It is about a father and daughter who live in Portland’s Forest Park and their life as wanderers.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Leave No Trace is out in theaters right now.

I liked it a lot.It is about a father and daughter who live in Portland’s Forest Park and their life as wanderers.
    Not a movie, but you reminded me of my favorite comedy show, Portlandia. I was watching it two nights ago and just LMAO'd for an hour. Fred Armison and Carrie Brownstein are geniuses
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information