Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pancake Incident

Congratulations! you are an inspiration. I know I've "powered through" food even though I'd gone way past the enjoyment stage and even the comfortable stage. Keep up the good work and please continue to post your progress.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Still clean.

I have been working out too. Since January I have been doing push-ups every day. When I started I could do 8. I can do 31 now.

Wow!

i can't do a push up.

are you used to the food yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Wow!

i can't do a push up.

are you used to the food yet?
    The food is unremarkable, really. I like fruits. Veggies are still bland. I miss various breads. That sums it up. haha

I struggled a few days over the past few weeks and ate a few unhealthy things, and too much of them. But I did not go into a full-on binge. And I got right back on the wagon -- white knuckling it to get on track.

So I am still pretty clean, despite a few slip ups.

The problem is that I don't see much benefit to eating well and working out. If I saw some gains or some real progress that was meaningful, I'd perhaps not have slipped up those few times. And getting on track might involve less white knuckling.

So I am trying to find some reasons to keep on it.

So, I'm assuming from your statement that you don't feel better, aren't any stronger, aren't sleeping better, haven't increased your stamina, and see no personally meaningful improvement in your appearance.

do you have a way to track your blood pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    So, I'm assuming from your statement that you don't feel better, aren't any stronger, aren't sleeping better, haven't increased your stamina, and see no personally meaningful improvement in your appearance.

do you have a way to track your blood pressure?
    Old Sawbones checked my BP. It is good. I feel physically better. I feel and look stronger. People have even told me so. I sleep pretty good, except for all the nightmares. But that is just my lot in life -- many, many nightmares most every night. But what I was getting at is that working out for three or four months has done nothing at all to improve my romantic life. I am still not getting any dates or any reasonable offers.

UA.....I can't remember if I brought this up before, but is it possible that you have sleep apnea? It can make you tired and increase your appetite a lot. Sometimes if you get up a couple times at night to pee, it can signal that you have sleep apnea....since stress hormones can cause the need to pee more. I used to get up a lot at night, but after I started using a cpap, it all stopped. My sleep isn't perfect, but the cpap has helped so much with other issues. Can you have that checked out?

UA, women do appreciate a man who's clean and in reasonably good physical shape. But we often are more attracted to men who're conversable, interested in us as individual people rather than providers of sex, have shared values, and are just generally nice. It depends on what you want from a date! A serious relationship takes time to build. Can you get to know women just socially, and build some friendships? Married women, old ladies, other non-date females? Once women get to seeing you as a nice guy, they'll start telling their unattached friends and relations about you, and probably doing a little matchmaking. In the meantime, you'd be making friends.

I had a lot of nightmares when younger and also walked and talked in my sleep. I stopped dreaming completely before i was diagnosed with sleep apnea. They returned once I got on the machine.

Thread Information