Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you'all doing for Thanksgiving? At Casa Rob we are catching up on sleep and will celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'll be making my Moroccan vegetarian stew and likely for once in.my life not participating in Black Friday. Rob

My son and I cooked for my other son and his wife and a friend. It was fun but I am exhausted and relaxing now.

Went to my sister's. It was not a big crowd, but just as nice. Great food and I definitely over-ate. Heading to sil's today to deliver an afghan she wanted me to make for her and to have lunch.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It was just my daughter, grandson and I at their house due to family needs elsewhere on both sides (her DH and mine called out). We assembled a jigsaw puzzle picturing a number of totem poles. Kind of our nod to Indigenous People's Day. Backyard birdwatched. Had a nice dinner together, just the three of us.

No Black Friday for me, either, Rob.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Potluck Thanksgiving dinner at our niece's house. It was supposed to be at our daughter's house but our unvaccinated SiL tested positive on a home COVID test (he blamed something he ate at Arby's. He loves his wife and he adores his kids but sometimes....). So last-minute logistics but it happened and there was too much food and lots of fun to be had. The only Black Friday shopping we've done is a gift-certificate special at a B&B we like and a small food order from a place that doesn't sell locally.

Well, I guess we took the grandkids to Target today separately so they can buy each other a toy for Christmas. Not quite BF but BF lasts for days now and it was much more orchestrated than I would have expected.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What are you'all doing for Thanksgiving? At Casa Rob we are catching up on sleep and will celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'll be making my Moroccan vegetarian stew and likely for once in.my life not participating in Black Friday. Rob
    Will you share your recipe, Rob? Maybe post it in "Food and Recipes"?

Thanks.

Thread Information