Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So many selfies on Facebook......

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    The people in my circle who do lots of selfies seem to be fishing for someone to say "oh you look great". One extended family member does this, usually with a duckface and her hands on her hips in a model pose. She's really a pretty woman, but she comes across as desperate and looking for attention.
    Thirsty!

So supposed a couple goes on a long hike. They reach some scenic overlook. No one is around anywhere to take the pic. Why not take a selfie?

But for someone to get their hair did, go on Facebook, take a selfie, and the post it is just plain thirsty!

haha, Alan! I have to say, if there was a "like" button under your pics, I'd definitely click on it!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    haha, Alan! I have to say, if there was a "like" button under your pics, I'd definitely click on it!!
    Me too Alan!

Geila
    Cute selfies Alan!

Most young people post tons of selfies on their various social media accounts and I don't think anything of it. It's the young thing to do right now and it seems harmless enough. But I agree that when grown adults do it excessively it feels awkward. If done once in a while I think nothing of it - kinda like me enjoying photos of my cutie pies. In fact, I wish there was more photo posting here on SLF. I enjoy visuals.

Not a big FB user but have my original silly pic up from years ago. Me with a big red clown nose and silly face. Other than keeping up with distant family, I find it very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Cute selfies Alan!

Most young people post tons of selfies on their various social media accounts and I don't think anything of it. It's the young thing to do right now and it seems harmless enough. But I agree that when grown adults do it excessively it feels awkward. If done once in a while I think nothing of it - kinda like me enjoying photos of my cutie pies. In fact, I wish there was more photo posting here on SLF. I enjoy visuals.
    I guess I have concerns that the young people today are much too self absorbed in other ways too.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I guess I have concerns that the young people today are much too self absorbed in other ways too.
    Elaborate. And can you give me an age range for "young people?"

I live in an apartment complex filled with college students and graduate students, as well as many young professionals. I see some wacky stuff.

Back in 2007-2010 I taught college students... I saw some stuff then too

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    It'll all work out. I'm sure our parents thought we were spoiled self-absorbed kids compared to them. I'm prone to complain about the work ethic I see in college kids these days, but, it is what it is. We all find out our limitations and learn from our mistakes in due time.

Every generation thinks the next generation are a bunch of eff ups who are going to ruin the world. And then the younger generation gets older and turns into a bunch of mostly fuddy duddies just like the one before. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Personally I love hanging out with some of the kids in my office. There's a whole team of people who graduated from college within the last 3-4 years that sit in a cube field just outside my office. So much energy and optimism out there. They also generally have much more interesting stories about their weekends come Monday morning than I do...

And, oh, by the way, get off my lawn, ya damn kids!

Thread Information