Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Social media really can help society.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm crossing my fingers today and hoping for more good news from Salt Lake City in regards to the Wubbels arrest. I will say that the police are getting more testy when you call in and complain -it's really like they actually expect citizens to just let them get away with this. Amazing the arrogance yet another police department has - but at least activists are working to partially correct this in legal ways. Rob

I am surprised the 85006 isnt focused on St Louis' Stockley verdict, due any moment. Riot barricades are up, the mayor recorded a YouTube video to tell everyone to Heal and understand, and it is business as usual in St. Louis.

why dont you call Mayor Krewson's office, Rob, and bug her? I am already kind of sick of her even though I voted for her.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am surprised the 85006 isnt focused on St Louis' Stockley verdict, due any moment. Riot barricades are up, the mayor recorded a YouTube video to tell everyone to Heal and understand, and it is business as usual in St. Louis.

why dont you call Mayor Krewson's office, Rob, and bug her? I am already kind of sick of her even though I voted for her.
    Thank You, IL....this seems to have escaped notice after the unbelievable evil of the Wubbels arrest - and Utah is very close to Arizona - it's the next state going north. But I will pass your comment along the phone tree and see if we can get some call agitation going, certainly. It's kind of you to provide something worth the time of 85006 activists, and I mean no snark...this is said kindly and in good faith. Thank You. If we have been asleep at the wheel here I do feel bad. Rob

Came back to add IL - you are of course under no obligation but since you seem to have some awareness, I thought I'd mention this. Utah Governor Gary Herbert has a Facebook page that is still accepting comments. You are welcome to post there if the Wubbels fiasco upsets you? If you do go there, you will see my posts perhaps if they are not buried too far down the list of comments - you will see how I engage with government officials - professionally but yet very to the point and very direct without crossing the line into nasty (which doesn't work in most cases and I wish more people would learn this!) At any rate, you are under no obligation - I'm just passing this info along. Rob

I would like to give some credit where credit is due. I just received a call from an office representative of the State Governor's Office (Gary Herbert being the Governor) of Utah, leading me through a series of steps and procedures being put into place as a result of the Wubbels arrest/illegal assault. This is the first office I have called that has been willing to be human and extend the respect to speak to me like an adult and give me some idea of exactly what is being done to address this most heinous issue. My hat is off to the Governor's Office......Glad to see this basic humanity they displayed. Rob

Although I wouldn't characterize Wubbels' treatment as "unbelievable evil," especially compared to the death and torture stories police seem to generate regularly, it's worth noting that the offending officer has been taken off his EMT detail at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Although I wouldn't characterize Wubbels' treatment as "unbelievable evil," especially compared to the death and torture stories police seem to generate regularly, it's worth noting that the offending officer has been taken off his EMT detail at least.
    And he's been fired from his other P/T job, too, and is probably stressed out as we speak running survival math numbers through his head....at last night's get together I brought this up with several neighbors and the thought of Payne's living in financial fear calmed a few people right down almost pronto. Nothing like the reality of America spreading upwards to calm lower income people down......Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    .....the thought of Payne's living in financial fear calmed a few people right down almost pronto.
    Rob, I honestly believe you should stop speaking for the 85006 and come up with a better term for your circle of friends. I can't imagine an entire zip code being so callous.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    And he's been fired from his other P/T job, too, and is probably stressed out as we speak running survival math numbers through his head....at last night's get together I brought this up with several neighbors and the thought of Payne's living in financial fear calmed a few people right down almost pronto. Nothing like the reality of America spreading upwards to calm lower income people down......Rob
    Wow.

The hospital took action to make sure they won't find themselves in this situation again. Officers are no longer allowed where patients are and can only talk to nurse supervisors away from the patients. I don't think the calling is effective because you are talking to people that have no authority to change things. They may be sick of the bureaucracy too. I also don't believe people should lose their pensions. They earn them up to the point of being fired. Also I think the terrible things cops see everyday change people for the worse. No excuse of course since they could find another line of work. It is a complicated issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    ... interfering with patient care by choosing destinations to "punish" an institution, which is what you claim he did, is beyond simply wrong. We deliver patients to the fastest-reachable higher-level-of-care facility that can receive them, by the most practical means, every time. It's sort of the law....

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=45689348&nid=148

Thread Information