Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching the migrant caravan?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Anyone watching the migrant caravan?

They are almost at the US border. There are troops on the US side, and extra border patrol agents. Not sure what is going to happen but Fox is saying most are not from Mexico. There was an interesting article on CNN this AM about a pregnant woman and her two young kids in the caravan.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/us/mexico-migrant-caravan-diary/index.html

not sure how this is going to turn out but for sure it is bringing a lot of issues to the surface that need to be dealt with. Many countries are dealing with this in various ways but all these migrants and refugees are putting a lot of strain on the destination countries and causing a huge division in the citizens, from the no new immigrants or refugees to the open border supporters.

If only someone could come up with a solution, but I think how this will be handled will make almost no one happy.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    They are almost at the US border. There are troops on the US side, and extra border patrol agents. Not sure what is going to happen but Fox is saying most are not from Mexico. There was an interesting article on CNN this AM about a pregnant woman and her two young kids in the caravan.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/us/mexico-migrant-caravan-diary/index.html

not sure how this is going to turn out but for sure it is bringing a lot of issues to the surface that need to be dealt with. Many countries are dealing with this in various ways but all these migrants and refugees are putting a lot of strain on the destination countries and causing a huge division in the citizens, from the no new immigrants or refugees to the open border supporters.

If only someone could come up with a solution, but I think how this will be handled will make almost no one happy.
    Yep. No one will be happy. Even if Trump embraces all of them and sets them up in palatial homes with full support systems, someone is gonna not like that, Me for one.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yep. No one will be happy. Even if Trump embraces all of them and sets them up in palatial homes with full support systems, someone is gonna not like that, Me for one.
    Nor will I.
    Anyone remember the wet foot dry foot policy for Cubans? When Obama ended that policy barely a whimper was heard. I wonder how much support of average citizens these migrants have? I doubt it is nearly as high as some polls claim.

Reading that story was so sad. I think some countries such as ours are too blame for what has made many people into refugees such as in Syria. We helped create this mess along with other countries but now want nothing to do with it.

and yet the world expects the U.S. to watchdog and police a Syrian leader committing genocide on his own people with nerve gas, or the North Korean dictator who could blow the world to kingdom come. When can the U.S. get off this crazy merry-go-round?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by befree View Post
    When can the U.S. get off this crazy merry-go-round?
    Rand Paul would have got us off the merry-go-round but the Republicans chose Trump as their nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Rand Paul would have got us off the merry-go-round but the Republicans chose Trump as their nominee.
    Rand is an outlier.

How?

Yppej
    He is not an interventionist and opposes nationbuilding.

He is not an interventionist and opposes nationbuilding.
    so not a fake “America first” candidate. How will that help illegal immigration? All I could find was him saying secure our borders and mention of a wall. I am not as familiar with him so how did he propose to do that differently than what is being done now.
    I believe the Trump rhetoric about American first applied largely to rich people who stood to profit instead of truly stopping our meddling abroad and preventing profiteers from benefitting from illegal workers. But I don’t see how Rand Paul has any different solution to our immigration problems. Except he never claimed Mexico would pay for a wall.

So so far this weekend, no coverage about migrant caravan trying to cross the border legally or otherwise

Thread Information